• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have bunnehs to look after

HorseyHolly

Mama Doe
:D:D:D
I've been bunnyless since last year,despite begging my parents alot, I've not been allowed to get some. My mum's best friend has two rabbits, and basically they got a puppy and they have been ignored ever since. The woman kept trying to persuade my mum to let me have them but with no success. However she decided that I could treat them as my own but they stay in their garden (it's just round the corner) :D
I went to visit them with treats yesterday,they had no hay left so I gave them some and they are fed huge bowls of muesli so I'm going to change them onto pellets gradually.They had no toys either. Their cage was an absolute state, so I went to clean them out today,about a third of their cage was a huge mound of poo,it looked like they hadn't been cleaned for about a month! :( They're all clean now though and when I put them back they did a little binky :love: I also put some toys that I'd bought them so they have something to do.

They're names are Smudgey and Trouble,they're from P@H :)roll:) and are almost the same! I still need to work out the differences between them :lol: Their nails are too long so I'm hoping to get someone experienced to show me how to cut them then I'll do it myself! They are a bit scared but that will hopefully get better in no time :)

They're unfortunately kept in an large sized(but still too small for them) indoor cage in a playhouse but since the playhouse isn't used for anything else but them and their stuff I'm going to ask the owners if I can convert the whole thing into their house :D

I don't have any recent pics of them but here's one of one of them a few years ago when I was asked to clean them out. They have a small 4x4ft run but I suppose it's better than nothing! I do have a 6.5 x 4ft run at my dads so I'll see if he can bring that up for me:)

Laxy_summer_days____by_Theponymadperson.jpg

Sorry it's so big!:shock:

Well done to you for taking over the care of these two rabbits:D
i hope that one day when your parents see how dedicated you are to looking after them they may allow you to have them in your own gargen.
The bunny in the photo is beautiful.
I will look forward to more photos and updates from you:wave:

Two (awful) pictures from today-
180610_1859943382093_1346175338_2156990_6292819_n.jpg

167229_1859951262290_1346175338_2157002_990784_n.jpg

They're on shavings just until I'm sure they'll go to the toilet in the litter tray,as I didn't have enough Megazorb for the whole cage ;) The floors a bit of a mess but I swept it up after they'd been out :)

really lovely of you, they are lucky to have you :)

might want to give the cage a bit of a scrub and get rid of whatever the brown stuff is in that back corner.
and just keep on top of the water, one looks almost empty.

doing a great job though and well done or agreeing to look after them!

I'd disinfected and scrubbed as much as i could and got most of it off. however the water got dirty quickly and i hadnt brought more. The owners filled their water for me afterwards
:)

Back