• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

URGENT help needed... Stasis? U/D. Back from vets, better news!

Zahirre

Warren Veteran
How do I know if a bun has gone into stasis???

Took Little Grey out of the cage for free range. His hay is completely dry and I have found aroun a dozen poops, all of different sizes. He's eaten a little bit of carrot and a little bit of brocolli but nothing else.
He's hopping about slowly and is very wary but I'm not sure if that's just because he got here on Saturday.
We didn't have many poops or food eating yesterday but I was waiting to see if he was simply stressed and would eat overnight...

Ideas please??????????????????????????

Last edited:
When Smudge goes into stasis, he sits in the corner looking sorry for himself, refuses all food, and repeated pushes to get him moving are ignored.

He's hopping about and has eaten a bit but not much :/ It's the severe lack of poops I'm worried about!
Going out soon to get some food...

Any ideas on what I could get to entice him and get his gut moving?????

pasleys good, spring greens and any thing you know he likes. :D
hopefully he'll start feeling better soon. :)

I always find it hard to tell with poops cos he's with Nutmeg who is a pooping machine. If they suddenly stop altogether then, as I understand it, that's very serious and I'd ring a vet pronto.

When my dental bun has sore teeth she'll only eat soft things - one of her favourites is kale. Hope you're little guy is ok :wave:

Appointment at 6:20pm... apparently does sound like stasis.

Our normal rabbit savvy vet isn't even there :( and we're seeing one I've never met before. Fingers crossed please!

xxx

He has been through a lot the past few days, maybe its stress catching up with him. Your right to phone the vet, but my buns go quiet for a few days after a big trip.

:( All the best of luck at the vets, lets hope he's still a it subdued after all the upheaval, but if it is stasis then the vets is the best place to be. Let us know how he gets on x

Just got home...

Little Grey isn't very well :( Vet does suspect that it is stress related though. She heard no sounds coming from his gut at all but also didn't feel any gas or impaction in his cecum.
She has given me Maxalon to give him orally twice per day and some CC. I specifically asked for Maxalon to be given by injection before we left aswell, just to make sure he has some passing through him as soon as possible. She agreed with me that it would be best.
She checked his teeth and said they were actually in very good condition. She said I'd also did a very good job with his coat :D

So syringe feeding tonight and I've also got him some spring greens, banana and herbs :) Fingers crossed!

Poor Love.

Charlie got stressed (thank goodness it was only him and not all 5 at the time) and it was his teeth that started for him.

You are don't everything you can for him, but lots of vibes

Back