• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pfft Unimpressed

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
When Fizz died I knew we (all) needed a PM done, and so my vets referred me to an Exotics vet who could do it.

Was the same vets we used for Badger. Everything with him was fine.

However, With Fizz they said they would call me when they had the results of the PM, which they never did, I had to call and chase them.

Then with the further histopathology they said they had to send off samples to somewhere else. That was nearly four weeks ago. I chased when I collected Fizz, and nothing, and just called again, after checking my vet hadn't heard anything, and still nothing. So alledgedly the vet from down there called the place they sent the samples to and the place never received them. Also alledgedly they keep two tissue samples, so now they can send the other set off and 'hope' they get there.

Its been very frustrating and so flaming difficult.

Pfft. I may be wrong but what's the betting they stuffed up and never sent the first set of samples off in the first place. :roll:

When these results get back (if I ever get them back) it will be 5 weeks since Fizz died. That's far too long.

Oh good lord :eek: That is no good at all :? Were they hoping you would just forget or something? :roll: I really hope you have the results soon and that they are genuine Sky-o.... have you already paid for this service?

Oh good lord :eek: That is no good at all :? Were they hoping you would just forget or something? :roll: I really hope you have the results soon and that they are genuine Sky-o.... have you already paid for this service?

Sadly, yes. They wouldn't do anything without payment from me before doing it.

How awful for you - you'd think they'd make sure everything ran smoothly given the sensitive nature of what they're supposed to be doing :? :( Hope it all gets sorted & you get the results soon :wave:

Sadly, yes. They wouldn't do anything without payment from me before doing it.

Damn... you should be asking for a partial refund. This is unacceptable? Was it on a credit card (just in case you need to cancel the payment?).

Damn... you should be asking for a partial refund. This is unacceptable? Was it on a credit card (just in case you need to cancel the payment?).

Thing is, they won't admit they stuffed up. So I won't get a refund, but yes, it was paid for by card. But the payment was removed and I was receipted 25 days ago when I told them to send it off.

Thing is, they won't admit they stuffed up. So I won't get a refund, but yes, it was paid for by card. But the payment was removed and I was receipted 25 days ago when I told them to send it off.

Bum :? I dont know what else to say. :(

To be fair, there's not much to say. I'm just frustrated with the situation. I want it to be over now. Doesn't fill me with much confidence in the vets though.

A letter of complaint to the head office perhaps? Tell them how upsetting and traumatic the whole experience has been, how unprofessional and unorganised they have been, and how you are still without answers and appear to be the only person that cares about chasing this up.

You paid for a service, you deserve the service. They are practically stealing.

*nods* I'm thinking a letter. At the very least they should have chased it when I first chased it two weeks ago.

oh no, how very frustrating, what a bad experience for you and everyone waiting to hear the results.
How long should it take now?:(

*nods* I'm thinking a letter. At the very least they should have chased it when I first chased it two weeks ago.

^^ I agree...its been an emotional journey already without having this happen as well. Perhaps a letter after you get the results incase the samples "just didnt seem to arrive" ....:evil:

Thats awful - i thought these results would be treated as a priority because you'd want to know if there was anything you should be concerned about with other buns in your care. :shock:

I really hope you are able to get results and funds back asap. x

thats awful!!

with dazy-mae the tissue samples were couried to a lab on the sunday and results back tuesday morning:shock: and i didnt have to pay in advance...

but i have had some nasty experiences resulting in debts of £1,000 because instead of doing all berties eye ulcer appts and treatments cost me over that....they got the info from the vets..two seperate appts made one less than excess got £149 back..queried it..no one could find anything wrong till i remonded them how many times a week we had to come..oh yes they said...only no records on the computer...sorry:censored:

some folks make errors...the good ones admit them and aim to correct things.

im so sorry for you...its the last thing you needed:(

Back