• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do your bunnies look after/protect eachother?

zayna1

Warren Scout
:lol: My 2 buns (recently bonded) were in their open-top playpen this morning in the living room, just being buns lol. So all of a sudden, my cat jumped into the playpen to investigate (he is actually scared of the bunnies and has never gotten too close or he gets chased away). The little bun (10 week old mini lop) got scared and ran and hid behind her buddy (7 month old male neutered lionhead). So the lionhead chased the cat away from his pal :lol: He also did this when the cat was sniffing the little bun through the bars of the playpen, big bun went to save her :lol: She isn't even scared of the cat, she just got scared when he jumped in haha. Also yesterday, (they've been living together constantly for about 2 days now) when I took the little bun out of the playpen for like 5 minutes, the older one was looking around everywhere for her! The poor bun looked lost without his best buddy :lol: They really do love eachother now, and spend all their time playing together, or grooming eachother :D

Yup, when Mini dislocated her hip Mischa would sit between her and the nearest end of the cage to the door.

Yep! Marvin will try and bite/claw me if I need to pick Maisie up, he's very protective of his lady.

Biscuit just watches if i pick Ginger up :lol:

They are protective of each other though.

When Ginger has one of her sneezing bouts and has to lay down, he'll sit next to her until she's ready to get back up. If i'm upstairs, and she has one, he'll stamp to get my attention, im sure of it.

When Biscuit had GI slow down a while back, Ginger was a fluffy hot water bottle to him :love:

Yeah, when somebun picks on another usually Fuzzy butts in and stops it :lol:
She usually protects George from Daisy :lol:

Back