• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

will this be big enough for 3 rabbits?

the rabbits have had free range of the garden for the last 2-3 years and havent had a problem :) i have bunny proofed the garden so they cant escape, no one owns a dog in my street and ive only ever seen 1 fox in the 22 years of my life and that was 6 years ago. i hate enclosing them to a run they seem so much happier having freedom around the garden :love::love:

however im open to suggestions to make my garden safer??

the rabbits have had free range of the garden for the last 2-3 years and havent had a problem :) i have bunny proofed the garden so they cant escape, no one owns a dog in my street and ive only ever seen 1 fox in the 22 years of my life and that was 6 years ago. i hate enclosing them to a run they seem so much happier having freedom around the garden :love::love:

however im open to suggestions to make my garden safer??

i dont have suggestions, ive just read/heard so many horror stories of people who let their buns free-range in a garden, unsupervised, thats all :wave:

i have a 2 chicken coops...one is like a giant shed with a run under it...its great the rabbits love it and its very very secure. and in my opinion much better value for money...some coops come with metal like floors so you might have to put some wood down and stuff to make it safe for rabbits....but they get more space for less money.

I really dont get why people suggest these chicken coops :oops:

This isn't meant to sound offensive, but a lot of them are way too small. The first link has a 5.8x3ft run with a tiny house.

For less money you could easily have a big shed :wave:

some chicken coops are actually alot roomier than some rabbit hutches..i dont know why people have alot of problems with them.
and to turn the shed into something just as good it would cost alot more money...my one is just like a shed though with a large sleeping area upstairs and a large run downstairs and you can easily add a run onton them...i know pets at home sell one that in pictures looks really big but its actually really small...as long an you do your mesurements and make sure its big enough then you should be ok

some chicken coops are actually alot roomier than some rabbit hutches..i dont know why people have alot of problems with them.
and to turn the shed into something just as good it would cost alot more money...my one is just like a shed though with a large sleeping area upstairs and a large run downstairs and you can easily add a run onton them...i know pets at home sell one that in pictures looks really big but its actually really small...as long an you do your mesurements and make sure its big enough then you should be ok

because most of them dont meet the recommended size? :wave:

When you say a large sleeping area, how large are we talking here?

tall wise its about double the height....and length about double

<<< length>>>
. height

slighly wider ...it was for 2 buns but only 1 now....and it has a ladder going down from the sleeping area into the run.....which it big..

:wave: I have this hutch! I have 2 buns & Im thinking about extending the run as mine will only get free range at weekend when im off work.

I see no harm in free range time, I think its a personal choice. :)

Back