• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vet Dilemma.

Starlight

Warren Veteran
Shadow has what appears to be an abscess.

I can't get to the rabbit vet in Upminster until Friday, as he is booked up for the Tuesday and isn't in today.

Or I can get to my local vet today though they have proved themselves to be incompetant with a rescue bunny and since I have not used them.

Mum can not get into their kennel easily/pick them up due to her medical issues, so can not take them as she needs me to pick them up.

I am back in Surrey today for an interview in the morning, and o/h said I can't travel down to Essex again until at least Friday due to money (we are living on £47 a week between us, and £10 a week is on travel, so can't afford another £10 on travel realistically.)

What is the lesser of two evils? :(

Are there any other vets? Your local vet is shocking from what i've read, so thats a definate no no in my eyes.

Waiting til friday, if its an abcess, i dont think you need to ask what RU members thoughts would be, really do you Kris? :)

Is there anyone else who could come and get Shadow and take him/her to another vet at all to help? A friend perhaps?

Are there any other vets? Your local vet is shocking from what i've read, so thats a definate no no in my eyes.

Waiting til friday, if its an abcess, i dont think you need to ask what RU members thoughts would be, really do you Kris? :)

Is there anyone else who could come and get Shadow and take him/her to another vet at all to help? A friend perhaps?

Exactly :(
All my friends work and the one who has helped in the past doesn't drive :(

May ask mum to borrow the money to come back on the wednesday, I hate the thought of leaving it any longer than necessary :(

Or I could try and put her and a friend in an indoor cage in the kennel so mum can get them, but I would feel so mean that they had no space yet could see this big space the others were in around them :(

Where is the abscess? And is it affecting his appetite/behaviour?

If he seems okay in himself, you could ring the rabbit vet and explain the situation and ask if they could see him first thing on the day you can get over. You might even be able to convince them to leave a surgery slot free on that day, so he can go straight to surgery if necessary.

It is on her hip at the site of her operation (she got into a fight and needed stitches, the wound has since healed perfectly)

She is still eating and seems fine in herself, she is being watches several times throughout the day for any changes.

If it were me I would want it seen today. An abscess can grow so quickly and by friday infection could have spread through her whole body :(

Back