• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

got my rabbits sexed at the weekend but...

kk_kayla

Mama Doe
..im not sure the vet check properly. she didnt look at their bits just pocked about to see if she could feel their testicles.....shes not my normal vet...she couldnt feel any testicles on any of them so told me she assums their all female but to double check bring them back in a months time.
ive tried to look my self but i just cant really see much because they are so fluffy. i'm a little worried as one of my neibours friends wants 2 now and i dont want to accidently give her 2 males. or 2 girls and they turn out to be girl and boy.

Its highly likely their testicles havent fully developed so possible you wouldnt be able to feel them i suppose?

The genitals are the only real way to tell apart from that i believe.

Its highly likely their testicles havent fully developed so possible you wouldnt be able to feel them i suppose?

The genitals are the only real way to tell apart from that i believe.

i mentioned about a sexing thing i dowloaded from the rspca website which shows you how to sex rabbits...and its says girls have their a smaller gap between their bits and bum whereas males have a bigger gap.

when i told her she said no we only do that with hampsters and mice.

i mentioned about a sexing thing i dowloaded from the rspca website which shows you how to sex rabbits...and its says girls have their a smaller gap between their bits and bum whereas males have a bigger gap.

when i told her she said no we only do that with hampsters and mice.

I'm not sure your vet is overly rabbit savvy possible then?

Perhaps you could put a thread up in rabbit chat asking for a rabbit savvy vet in your area?

Have you had a look at this thread Sexing Buns!

It might be able to help you, if you get someone to help hold them, second opinion etc.

Hope you manage to sex them correctly, some can be difficult to tell!
George kept going from male to female because his plums didnt drop :oops: The Vet eventually found them when he went in for his spay :oops: :lol:

Back