• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I was PEE'D on three times last week!

mattyp

Warren Veteran
Marvin has got some serious bladder issues!
I know sometimes rabbits may wee if they're scared but trust me he definitely is not scared, he chooses to jump up onto my lap when i'm on the sofa, and then proceeds to have a little accident! I swear the excitment of being on the sofa is just too much for him.

The sofa cushion is in the wash for the second time in a week...it's not looking it's best :lol:

Am I the only person with rabbit bladder troubles?

For the record he has never been very good at holding his bladder, and often wees on the sofa! Despite being neutered for almost half a year now...silly bun. :roll:

Last edited:
thats because its HIS sofa and it doesn't smell 'right':D

But why pee on me *sob*

And Gray is Ginger really as bad as Marvin? He's an absolute nightmare, he has a serious penchant for peeing on the sofa! Oh the kitchen roll we get through in our house, its tree murder!

Marvin has got some serious bladder issues!
I know sometimes rabbits may wee if they're scared but trust me he definitely is not scared, he chooses to jump up onto my lap when i'm on the sofa, and then proceeds to have a little accident! I swear the excitment of being on the sofa is just too much for him.

The sofa cushion is in the wash for the second time in a week...it's not looking it's best :lol:

Am I the only person with rabbit bladder troubles?

For the record he has never been very good at holding his bladder, and often wees on the sofa! Despite being neutered for almost half a year now...silly bun. :roll:

scooter went through a fase of doing this when he was little i dont know i never scared him or anything, but eventually i stopped allowing him to sit on my lap. now when he sits on it no accidents.

But why pee on me *sob*

And Gray is Ginger really as bad as Marvin? He's an absolute nightmare, he has a serious penchant for peeing on the sofa! Oh the kitchen roll we get through in our house, its tree murder!

i wouldnt get upset about it, i use to get upset when scooter wed on me because i though he didnt like me and now ive realized that it wasnt that it was a marking thing. he was just being a bunny.

but dont worry hell get better at it as he gets older. :D

But why pee on me *sob*

also because ur his too and u dont smell like him either. :D

scooter use to be a nightmare to deal with but now hes gotten much better hes stopped spraying altogether then, he has the dog accident when he uses the litter tray and pees on the side but thats sort of my fault. but the only thing that u can do is have patients with him and stop him from doing it by not letting him sit on u.

Last edited:
But why pee on me *sob*

*nods*

Ginger's pretty territorial. If something doesnt smell right, it gets weed on :lol:

I go through a good 3 rolls of kitchen roll a week, just for her :wave: She has her own cupboard storage area for it :wave: :lol:

Ginger weed on the sofa last night for the first time in months. I had just washed it...so thats why :lol:

I can never be mad at Marvin, he has be wrapped around his little paw. Just one nose rub or binky and all is forgiven :lol:

Before I realized it was pee I thought 'oo my leg is all warm how nice...oh wait gross'.

*nods*

Ginger's pretty territorial. If something doesnt smell right, it gets weed on :lol:

I go through a good 3 rolls of kitchen roll a week, just for her :wave: She has her own cupboard storage area for it :wave: :lol:

Ginger weed on the sofa last night for the first time in months. I had just washed it...so thats why :lol:

:lol: I am so glad i'm not the only one with this problem! Marvin climbs to the top of sofa and sits there (it's like his crowsnest!) but after he jumps down its usually covered in wee and poo :lol:

at least Ginger limits it to the sofa and not your lap! :lol:

Charlie used to pee on my bed a lot. I banned him from coming up for a few weeks and once he started coming up again, no more accidents.
Next time he does it, put him down off the sofa and don't let him back up for a while and see if it helps... If not then I have no idea :lol:

:lol: I am so glad i'm not the only one with this problem! Marvin climbs to the top of sofa and sits there (it's like his crowsnest!) but after he jumps down its usually covered in wee and poo :lol:

at least Ginger limits it to the sofa and not your lap! :lol:

I'm not stupid enough to let her sit there for long periods of time knowing what she's like :lol:

Her new place to pee is in their tunnels. So i dont see it til its too late and i've picked them up by one end and it all comes dribbling out :lol:

I'm not stupid enough to let her sit there for long periods of time knowing what she's like :lol:

Her new place to pee is in their tunnels. So i dont see it til its too late and i've picked them up by one end and it all comes dribbling out :lol:

what a lovely present for u :D:lol:

Lmao! :lol:

You have no idea though...he jumps onto your lap gives you loads of nose rubs, then before you realize it you're his new litter tray!

@steph182 oddly enough Marvin is very good upstairs, he has only done the odd poop, even though nothing up there is 'his' he manages to not pee up there (so far anyway). It really is just the sofas!

She sounds so much like Nutmeg :shock: again :shock:

Nutmeg will wee in those fabric tunnels which is why I can't use them. Haven't yet had any accidents in the green plastic tunnel although when I was away they managed to get in my room somehow and weed in Mini and Mischa's cardboard tunnel. Not loads, just a territorial wee.

OP, this may sound weird but were you eating anything at the time? Or previous?

Oh it's matty :oops::lol: by the time I got round to replying I forgot who it was :oops:

When I had banana milkshake near Mischa he peed on my bed :roll:

Oh it's matty :oops::lol: by the time I got round to replying I forgot who it was :oops:

When I had banana milkshake near Mischa he peed on my bed :roll:

:wave: hello!

Marvin thinks with his stomach so it is probably him being angry that I didn't share. He is actually approaching being overweight, and without my assistance in feeding him, he manages to always sniff out food whether its knocking over bins, ripping apart bin bags, or squeezing down small spaces to tray and find his food bag...the little chubby devil. :evil:

Back