• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do your rabbits do with apple twigs?

chul

Staff member
As title! I'm giving some to Bunsk and want to know if what he does is normal...

strip and eat the bark off them, then leave them.

hamster does this too, but shes on her first stick from a week ago. Bunny gets through one in about an hour :roll:

strip and eat the bark off them, then leave them.

hamster does this too, but shes on her first stick from a week ago. Bunny gets through one in about an hour :roll:

Phew!! He is normal then :lol:

Strip the bark, leave them for a few days then chew a little more and throw them at each other :roll:

esme nibbles them and throws them around in a strop as how very dare they be in her way.
eric avoids them as they're on his 'scary list':roll:

Emily can smell them a mile off when I bring a few home from my walk. If a leave one on the chair to give her later she gets it herself. Emily grabs them from me like a dog would with a bone. Strips it in seconds (depending on how big the branch is of course). Very good for the teeth. There is a wood near me with apple trees. I want to select other branches but do not know which ones are safe. I have noticed a few trees that wild rabbits have had a good go at.
P1000536.jpg

Emily can smell them a mile off when I bring a few home from my walk. If a leave one on the chair to give her later she gets it herself. Emily grabs them from me like a dog would with a bone. Strips it in seconds (depending on how big the branch is of course). Very good for the teeth. There is a wood near me with apple trees. I want to select other branches but do not know which ones are safe. I have noticed a few trees that wild rabbits have had a good go at.
P1000536.jpg

:love::love::love::love::love::love:

Mine also strip them in a very short space of time!

:love::love::love:

Mine usually eat any leaves straight away, then strip the bark over the course of a day or so. Occasionally they'll eat the whole twig too, but only certain ones.

Back