• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why do they do it?

Minimallow

Wise Old Thumper
Local Gumtree - breeder advertising kits for sale just in time to have "your own easter bunny". I sent this reply

HI. Dont you think as a "responsible" breeder you shouldnt be advertising rabbits as easter bunnies? Are you aware that there are over 33,000 rabbits in rescues all over the UK who are bought on a whim then abandoned ?

Just wondering if you have seen this campaign by people who care about rabbits?

http://www.makeminechocolate.org/

Don't expect them to listen but angered me.

Thankfully not seen any advertised on any of my local sites. Had no ideas there were breeders on here advertising easter bunnies, who is it? I only have one breeders website on here...thankfully no bunnies from them.

omg hate it when people breed especially for easter :? something i never do same goes for christmas too if they want a bunny bad enough they will wait ;)
when ever i get calls at these times i usually tell them to contact the rescue in richmond

Back