• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grim's nose. /UD page 3 - vets again

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
Grim's been sneezing. :(
He sneezes on and off because of his eyes. It's something to do with how they're blocked but the right side of his nose gets a little damp sometimes. yesterday I noticed a huge, long mat of fur coming out from the top of his nose (I'll try and get a picture). It looks like it's come out of his nose. :? I tried to pull it but it's stuck tight so then I tried to use a warm, damp ball of cotton wool to soak it and soften it up but he really hated it. He got so stressed so I just left it. It was still on today and he's been having sneezing fits. When I stroke him he stops sneezing. :? I tried to wiggle the fr mat off with my hands but there is a big lump of dried something keeping it on his nose. It moves up and down when he breathes. :( I think it might be the matt that's irritating him and causing the sneezes, the left side of his nose is completely dry. Just worried it might be a respiratory infection.

Any ideas of how to remove the matt and the dried stuff in his nose that's got it stuck there. I have no idea why the cotton wool was stressing him out but I can't think of a better way. Monitoring him now but I reckon a visit to the vets is in order. It's been three months since his last one so he's done pretty good, especially for a dental bun.

Last edited:
He's a fighter. :)
I call him my zombie bunny because of everything he's been through, including recovering from two jaw abscesses and stopping breathing on the operating table during a dental for five minutes. He shouldn't be here but thanks to my amazing vets and his spirit he is. I love him so much and I'm happy for every moment we have. I have a feeling this is nothing more than just eye goo. I know him very well, but I can never take any chances.

Here's a picture. :(

DSC01039.jpg

that is gonna be what is causing him to sneeze bless him, imagine youself if you had a hair stuck up your nose. will it really not budge at all?? not even if you did the 'quick pull a plaster off' method??

Nope. Stuck in with dried eye goo. :(
I just tried to cut the length of it down and he stressed out when the scissors touched it. But he's happy to nose butt me for more snuggles...
I don't want to stress him out but I need to get it off. He understandably hates people touching his face. :(

think you're gonna need to take him to the vets tommorrow if you cant get it out yourself, how did it get up there??

x

think you're gonna need to take him to the vets tommorrow if you cant get it out yourself, how did it get up there??

x

I really don't know. I was worried it'd come out of his nose.Or he could have had a gooey bit and snuggled into Smoo (his girlfriend) and maybe it's her fur. Trust Grim. Going to have another go at getting it and then off to bed. Thanks for the replies. :wave:

As he is a Dental Bun then his snotty nose is most probably related to that. Elongated tooth roots frequently cause sneezing and secondary infections. I would definitely take him to a Vet today.

Sending vibes for him xx

I cut it late last night with him wedged between between my legs. Then this evening there was a smaller version there! :shock:

He's stopped sneezing now so I haven't been to the vets but I'm keeping a close eye on him. He'll need a dental soon but hopefully we can hold it off a little longer. He's eating well, better than ever since I started him on the pro fibre pellets.

bless him xxx

vibes for your zombie bunny.....hes been through so much bless him xx

In a way I want to take him to the vets because I'm sure he's loosing his eyesight and I want a vet's opinion but the longer between dentals (and any other problems) the better. :)

Vibes always appreciated. :wave:

Went to the vets with Grim this evening. There are two vets I see and they were both busy today and tomorrow with operations and meetings but one of them made some time for us this evening. :)

He's got an infection but it's not in his chest, thank goodness. She reckons it's probably in his nasal passage or his tear duct. It might be hard to get rid of due to the way his tear ducts are, but I have some depocillin injections to give him for a week, then it's back for a check up. He was not a happy bunny, scratching and kicking. She had to take him away and wrap him up to take the crispy off his nose. But I'm sure he feels much better now.

Thanks for all the vibes. :wave:

Thanks. I hope it does too. :wave:
I was offered to see another vet but I know they're not rabbit savvy and I would probably have left with nothing or baytril, so I'm glad the receptionists are so good and my vets are so caring.

I decided to give him some painkillers last night after he scratched his nose and jumped in pain. :(
Within half an hour he was like a new bunny, running around, sneaking into the house and just generally happier. :)

Back