• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Didn't think I'd get so attached to my buns....

bensonlola

Warren Veteran
.... thought they would be a nice 'hobby'!! Didn't realise they would become my darlin babies!! NOBODY understands!!! Except you guys!! Group hug..... :love:

.... thought they would be a nice 'hobby'!! Didn't realise they would become my darlin babies!! NOBODY understands!!! Except you guys!! Group hug..... :love:

Awwww!!! :love: :love:

(((( Group hugs back )))) - we've only Jack for a year but I really can't imagine life without him and Hollie. Every day either John or I say how lovely they are. Even when they're being naughty! ;) xx

Hugs :)

I foolishly took on my bun thinking I could rehome him once he was vaccinated etc, that I was doing a good deed.... 4 months later and I'm looking for a friend for him :lol: I just couldnt do it!

:shock: nice hobby what were you thinking :roll:
its more than a hobby and they are more than just pets they are part of the family and in my case a passion i cant live with out ;)
you keep on enjoying your babies
ann x

:shock: nice hobby what were you thinking :roll:
its more than a hobby and they are more than just pets they are part of the family and in my case a passion i cant live with out ;)
you keep on enjoying your babies
ann x

TBH, i thought the same too. :oops: I knew i'd love having him but i didnt know how much i'd actually loooove him - and i do feel like they are my babies - they neeeeeed me! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

We've had Lucky just over a year and i cant imagine life without him or Daisy now. :love:

*big hug*

i got bella as i wanted a pet that would be souly mine (my dog, dog's at the time were both mine and my OH'S) and i foolishly thought he would leave me to it as he wasn't too keen on buns. 2 years on and a jasper later he gets up in the morning and i can hear him in the front room going 'good morning my bubba's, hope you slept well' :roll:

pipe dream eh??!!!

(dont tell him but thats why i love him, the fact he loves all my animals means the world to me)

x

Me too, I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I rescued my first bun Tilly off someone who was getting rid of her. Little did I know that my heart, my thoughts and practically my whole life would be taken over by the little monsters! ;)
Cant imagine being without them now, they make me soooooo happy. A home with bunnies hopping around it is a very happy home :love:

Just out of curiosity, those who didn't know you'd get so attached, had you owned other pets in the past? I always wonder how an adult that is owning a pet for the first time ever actually expects... its a weird concept to me, since I grew up with animals and always had at least a couple rabbits in my life. I just can't imagine someone not having any pets as a kid.

your right i loved floppy as soon as i saw him and now i just cant say no to his lil face !!! if he wants out hes out he just looks at me with his big floppy ears i cant say no lol !!!

Just out of curiosity, those who didn't know you'd get so attached, had you owned other pets in the past? I always wonder how an adult that is owning a pet for the first time ever actually expects... its a weird concept to me, since I grew up with animals and always had at least a couple rabbits in my life. I just can't imagine someone not having any pets as a kid.

Yep I have had cats all my life and had a guinea pig for 8 years when I was about 14 and a gerbil, all of which I adored like crazy.I have always preferred animals to people and all of my pets have been members of my family I was an avid animal lover anyway, just ashamedly rabbits werent up there on my list of faves, which is why it was a surprise for me personally. Seems absurd now :shock::lol:

We had dogs as a kid and i thought they were different because they were members of the family - we all ate together, went on day trips and snuggled on the sofa together etc. Because of that, i never thought a rabbit would/could feel like a family member.

We never had rabbits or hamsters or anything like that.

Yep I have had cats all my life and had a guinea pig for 8 years when I was about 14 and a gerbil, all of which I adored like crazy.I have always preferred animals to people and all of my pets have been members of my family I was an avid animal lover anyway, just ashamedly rabbits werent up there on my list of faves, which is why it was a surprise for me personally. Seems absurd now :shock::lol:

Yeah, I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't think ducks would be very good pets :( My brother begged for them, then turned out he didn't like them much (he never wants to clean up after anything :roll: ) and so I took care of them and realized how wrong I was. So I can understand how you felt about rabbits.

Back