• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thank you lots Bluesmum

Rhianna

Wise Old Thumper
Just wanted to publically thank Sam (Bluesmum) for driving me to a horsey place today so I could buy a bale of hay (all part of my bunnies on a budget exercise). I also got a huge bag of horse carrots while I was there, which will save me lots (as I am a Bad Bunny Mummy and my buns get a carrot most days - per group, not per bun - and none are overweight).

I broke the bale up into bin bags and hopefully it should last me a while. The buns seem to approve too and were happily nomming it - and the carrots:)

I'd never met Sam before and thought it was a lovely, thoughtful thing for her to offer to do. It was great meeting another bunny person too. I didn't get to meet the gorgeous Rosie - but maybe another time:)

I can't believe how much hay I got for the price. Sooooo much cheaper than buying it by the bag as I have been doing. George's myxi jab is due so I am really pleased I won't have to buy hay or carrots for a while - and can take him for his jab next week.

Thank you lots Sam from me, George, Gemma, Furby, Faye, Sue, Dylan, Molly and Munchkin xxx

Just wanted to publically thank Sam (Bluesmum) for driving me to a horsey place today so I could buy a bale of hay (all part of my bunnies on a budget exercise). I also got a huge bag of horse carrots while I was there, which will save me lots (as I am a Bad Bunny Mummy and my buns get a carrot most days - per group, not per bun - and none are overweight).

I broke the bale up into bin bags and hopefully it should last me a while. The buns seem to approve too and were happily nomming it - and the carrots:)

I'd never met Sam before and thought it was a lovely, thoughtful thing for her to offer to do. It was great meeting another bunny person too. I didn't get to meet the gorgeous Rosie - but maybe another time:)

I can't believe how much hay I got for the price. Sooooo much cheaper than buying it by the bag as I have been doing. George's myxi jab is due so I am really pleased I won't have to buy hay or carrots for a while - and can take him for his jab next week.

Thank you lots Sam from me, George, Gemma, Furby, Faye, Sue, Dylan, Molly and Munchkin xxx

Awwww - thats lovely! :love::love:

How many bin bags did you get out of the bale and how much was it if you dont mind me asking?

I just paid £12 for about 2 bin bags full.

I am not sure how much I paid as I got the carrots too. Think it was about £7. I got four full to the brim bin bags, and a half one and let Furby and Faye have some while I was bagging it up. It was easier to bag up than I expected but it did make a mess :oops:

I want to get one of those brightly coloured wheelie bins to put it in (that are on a separate thread) but can't afford it at the moment.

They had a huge sack of Rabbit Royale too but I didn't see how much that was. I don't use it but I think it is one of the OK foods mentioned on here so it may be worth me getting that next time.

oh wow..what a lovely person bluesmum:love:

karen im so glad youve had such wonderful help and found a wonderful saving.

glad theyre nom nom nomming the hay:wave:

allen and page pellets are about £7 for a 20kg sack.....really good pellets but if you have a frenchie..they can inhale them..or at least get um stuck to their nostrils..or is it just bertie:shock::lol:

mine are on ss now..i can sieve it easier to remove dust for poor berties pasturella and damp nostrils.

hope you get your bin soon xx

nosey rubs to all the buns..including pippa:lol: and strokes for the puddys.

Thanks Debbie. Yes, Pippa definitely thinks she is a bun:) She nudges them gently with her nose to get them to groom her but they won't (yet). They allow her to snuggle with them though and seem to have accepted this weird shaped interloper into their bond. I adore Pippa and don't know how anyone could have dumped her. The fact she is a little 'intellectually challenged' just makes her more special.

All buns are enjoying the hay and carrots today and I feel I can be more generous with the hay now I know I have lots:)

Awwww, that was nice of Sam. :love:

You're bound to notice a huge saving too, buying by the bale - much better for your bank balance. :D:D

I put a thread up asking about ideas to save money as my bank had stopped me using my debit card and things were dire. Still are but I'm planning to move and reduce my mortgage and monthly bills a bit.

I was amazed how much hay I got for the money:)

Thanks Rhianna - that was really helpful about the hay. I may make the switch if i can find somewhere local. :)

Back