• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So cross and sad :( Auction bun...

Zahirre

Warren Veteran
I'm currently on my second wave of clipping Mr Grey Angora bun. 2 hours worth of clipping long, matted, poop encrusted fur.
Poor boy is a nervous wreck :( he's so beautiful and so well behaved... I don't undertand how he could have been left to get into such a mess!
I've never had experience of Angoras so I hope I'm doing ok... Pics to follow!

Poor little mite. I've no experience of Angoras either! Its lovely you are giving him all that TLC!

Poor bun I do hope you can get the matted fur sorted. I've got a cashmere here and I use a comb to get any knots out.

so cross and sad (auction bun)

I had a similar problem with a cashmere boy that i got from a breeder:cry:he was so matted that he couldn,t walk properly:evil:he had rolls of matted fur around his legs that were so tightly knotted that it took me weeks of very patient clipping to get rid of them so he could walk again:evil:worse :shock:e had been crossed with a french lop so he was not only fluffy but BIG too:shock:it took a long time to get him clear of matts and back to normal but i got there in the end:)
Hope you manage to de matt this poor bunny:cry:it,s hard work but worthwhile when you finally have a normal bun:)

so cross and sad (auction bun)

I had a similar problem with a cashmere boy that i got from a breeder:cry:he was so matted that he couldn,t walk properly:evil:he had rolls of matted fur around his legs that were so tightly knotted that it took me weeks of very patient clipping to get rid of them so he could walk again:evil:worse :shock:he had been crossed with a french lop so he was not only fluffy but BIG too:shock:it took a long time to get him clear of matts and back to normal but i got there in the end:)
Hope you manage to de matt this poor bunny:cry:it,s hard work but worthwhile when you finally have a normal bun:)

Hs matts were too bad to brush out :( In total, I've cut out between 10 and 15 large matts and a few smaller ones. He now has a very funny haircut...
I have just nipped him with the scissors :( But, because I've had no experience of cutting buns fur, I used blunt kitchen scissors so thankfully the nip isn't deep and hasn't bled, has a few dots of red blood instead. I felt awful :(
I'm guessing there's a possibility he may be a dental bun aswell... never heard to much teeth grinding! You can hear the sharpness, so... off to the vets tomorrow! Thank goodness they let me pay bills off through payment plans! Shall also be booking him in for a much needed neuter!
It's my 21st next week and I've told the O/H that the best present I could recieve would be sorting these auction buns out and vacc'ing my babies :) Fab 21st present :)

Mum has also said tonight that she's desperate for the Nethie and Lionhead (who have been binkying like you wouldn't believe tonight!) She's going to get them a big run for her huge back garden but is going to keep them inside till it gets warmer :) I'm quarentining them until the end of Feb and getting them vet checked before I send them off to her though :)
O/H has cleared lots of space in the bedroom for them all to go up there so Dexie, Pumpkin and the babies are safe!

I feel relieved tonight... goodness knows what would have happened to poor little grey bun, I'm so glad I got him :)

The babies were being rehomed due to the O/H being worried about money. They have all mostly found homes and the ones who haven't are going to stay :) Tom has said that if I get them insured and put money away every month, I can keep them :) 3 have been rehomed so it means that we'll be keeping 2 girlies. May mean I'll have a trio, keep grey bun and bond him to the other girlie... Watch this space!

I rescued a long haired bun, Mittens, who was in a similar state(the white one in my avatar). I was fortunate that she would sit on my knee for ages and let me work with her if it was her back but she really struggled when it came to the fiddly bits. At one point I had her wrapped in a towel with her head under my arm so I could try and sort out her messy end. By the time I was finished, most of her back was bald with white tufty bits. She looked like a plucked chicken:lol: I then combed her through every day - and always regretted it if I missed a day - and kept on top of her hair by cutting it all over as it got too long. She has now been pts and I really miss having my fluffy white bun snuggled on my knee for brushing.:(:love:

I wish you luck in getting on top of the situation and hope you can enjoy the special bond which comes from grooming a long haired rabbit.

Last edited:
Whenever I have had Angoras I have always clipped them out, I have Dougal who is a pure bred Angora nd he has been here just over two years and he is clipped out and I keep his fur short, they much prefer it, I clip mine with the electric clippers and it works a treat

Mixed057x2.jpg

I dont know if you have one in the house but an battery operated mans mini clipper for their nasal hair etc is brilliant, not like an eletric shaver, so much more gentle and only clips a bit of bunny fur at a time. I needed to use on Nancys bottom area as she was so badly treated she always had poo clumps on her bottom. I always felt it was safe to use as only took away tiny bits at a time. Hope that helps.

I dont know if you have one in the house but an battery operated mans mini clipper for their nasal hair etc is brilliant, not like an eletric shaver, so much more gentle and only clips a bit of bunny fur at a time. I needed to use on Nancys bottom area as she was so badly treated she always had poo clumps on her bottom. I always felt it was safe to use as only took away tiny bits at a time. Hope that helps.

That's a good idea if you aren't confident with the bigger clippers, brilliant idea

Right, shall have to pop out and get some mini clippers then :) I'm definetely keeping him super short atm. His fur is now super short, he can see and there are no more matts!
I bought a cat flea comb as it was the only thing I could get hold of late Saturday night and it seems to do a great job!
Grey bun is very nervy atm... likes being cuddled and stroked but seems panicky at the same time. Am also having to do free range swaps... free range one for a while, then swap... and that goes on all day and night.
Fiddlesticks (white angora) is very inquisitive and is constantly hopping about and into everything!
We've had lots of binkies from the baby Nethie and baby Lionhead... Never seen anything like it!
Am having to shower a few times a day... and am living in jammies so I can swap over each time I go from the Auction buns to my own buns!
I don't know how all of you running rescues and sancturies do it... You're incredible people!

Back