• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Long term animal boarding/fosterers

nessar

Warren Veteran
Anyone know of any good long-term boarding places or fosterers?

I'll be needing someone to look after my bunny (and hopefully a friend) for a month from June till July. Problem is most I have seen have quite small hutches. I'd prefer him to be inside as well, it doesnt matter that much temp-wise as it will be summer, but he loves hoomins :)

Also cost, it looks like I should be expecting to pay around £500 for the pair, which is just like OUCH.

Location isnt too important as long as its not too far up north, as I would rather travel to the right place, especially as its going to be for an entire month :(

I can recommend someone in Sufflk if that's of any use? She does do inside boarding as well as outside.

aberystwyth, but will be in hampshire for that month. Like I said location isnt too important though, I just want to know he's in safe hands.

We do indoor boarding here :) And only ask £5 per night for a single bun and £6 per night for a bonded pair.

http://bunnywarren.webs.com/

I can't see about boarding on the website, but as far as I know she still does it. She is also a member on here and fosters for the RSPCA and the RSPCA I volunteered for rehomed to her too. She's awesome :)

just looked it up, 7 hours on the train, which is the same as if I was taking him to hampshire, so its not too far.

Cool :) If you did decide to do it then I would happily give you a lift from Ipswich or Colchester Station to where she is. Or else she also picks up, so she might be able to meet you there.

We do indoor boarding here :) And only ask £5 per night for a single bun and £6 per night for a bonded pair.

thats very reasonable! do you do indoor boarding at all? I could bring the cage as its NIC panels so could pack away into a suitcase.

eta: sorry got mixed up with boarders :lol:

Last edited:
Cool :) If you did decide to do it then I would happily give you a lift from Ipswich or Colchester Station to where she is. Or else she also picks up, so she might be able to meet you there.

thats a lovely offer thank you, I will bear it in mind :)

We do, yes, though only have two indoor boarding cages at any one time so as to give the animals the most room and freerange time possible :) You are welcome to bring your own cage if you wish, or we have an indoor run and 5ft indoor cage for boarders :)

is the station called 'sandbach' do you know... because if yes then it would only take 3 and a half hours by train from aberystwyth...

it is indeed :)
it's called "the small pets holiday home"
they are a fairly small place, but they are fantastic and cheap too.
my mum takes her 2 rabbits there when they go on holiday (snowball will be going there when i go on holiday too)
they are very cheap and take EXCELLENT care of the animals.
if they are staying inside, then you do need to bring your own cage. there is a vet right across the road who they use if any animal gets sick.

i would highly recommend them.
can't seem to find the website, they did used to have one.
if i can find the website for you i will, but if i find it, don't hold their spelling against them ;)
can give you the number to speak to them about it if you'd like? :)

ETA they also have their own giant rabbits, so know a lot about bunnies :)

it is indeed :)
it's called "the small pets holiday home"
they are a fairly small place, but they are fantastic and cheap too.
my mum takes her 2 rabbits there when they go on holiday (snowball will be going there when i go on holiday too)
they are very cheap and take EXCELLENT care of the animals.
if they are staying inside, then you do need to bring your own cage. there is a vet right across the road who they use if any animal gets sick.

i would highly recommend them.
can't seem to find the website, they did used to have one.
if i can find the website for you i will, but if i find it, don't hold their spelling against them ;)
can give you the number to speak to them about it if you'd like? :)

ETA they also have their own giant rabbits, so know a lot about bunnies :)

a number would be great, do they have an email though? Its so awkward talking to people you dont know on the phone lol..

a number would be great, do they have an email though? Its so awkward talking to people you dont know on the phone lol..

they are open to speak to 8am - 8pm
(it's at their house, so there is always someone there, but obviously they need time to chill etc)
01270 760 675

i will give them a ring now and ask them about it, maybe i can get an email address for you so you won't feel so awkward xx

ETE
just spoke to them
They would be very happy to take for a month
The person who deals with it all is called Steven.
They do have indoor heated hutches as well so don't need to provide anything
£5 per day for both of them (that's altogether, not each) if in separate cages
£4 per day for them if in the same cage
smallpetsholidayhome.webs.com
the email address is on the website :)

Last edited:
Back