PDA

View Full Version : Rabbit chat - are you guilty?

TeflonsShadow
06-02-2011, 03:32 PM
Come on, admit it, how many of you here speak to your buns??

Im guilty! :p

Sky-O
06-02-2011, 03:33 PM
:lol: As if I couldn't! I talk to them more than people, and like they are people.

Justine
06-02-2011, 03:34 PM
Of course I do. They are live things so it's natural. :lol::wave:

TeflonsShadow
06-02-2011, 03:34 PM
:lol: As if I couldn't! I talk to them more than people, and like they are people.

Me too, I even promise them things! Hahaha!! "if you stop digging me then I will sneak you a pellet when daddy isnt looking....."

Mischief and Tinker's Mum
06-02-2011, 03:35 PM
I don't think anyone can say no :oops: It's just a habit :P

Grin
06-02-2011, 03:35 PM
I sometimes put silly voices on to make them laugh. :oops:

kayleewoo
06-02-2011, 03:37 PM

Hahahaha! Its when they start laughing that you should be worried!

I prefer to talk to my rabbit than most humans

TeflonsShadow
06-02-2011, 03:38 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sometimes I even speak what they would say in return.

And no, I am NOT mad..... because even the BF has a Rimmi and Winter voice!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

FriskyClover
06-02-2011, 03:41 PM
I say "And what have we been up to?", pause, "Well that sounds very interesting!"

I think people who don't speak to their pets are the odd ones!

kayleewoo
06-02-2011, 03:42 PM
I talk to Jazmine like I would do a baby. My mum does the same too :lol::lol::lol::lol:

BinkyBun
Hahahaha! Its when they start laughing that you should be worried!

Me too :D

TeflonsShadow
First thing I do when I walk through the door is say "Babies, I am home! Hope you've been good! Whos hungry...?" :shock: :lol:

TeflonsShadow
06-02-2011, 03:44 PM
(Glad I am not the only one that talks to the babies!)

kayleewoo
06-02-2011, 03:48 PM
First thing I do when I walk through the door is say "Babies, I am home! Hope you've been good! Whos hungry...?" :shock: :lol:

Lol I say Hi Jaz, Mummy's home! Been a good girl?

kayleighjennifer
06-02-2011, 03:49 PM
I have full scale conversations with my buns and answers for them when I ask them questions:oops::lol:

Tuckerbunnies
06-02-2011, 03:49 PM
There is only 'bunny' spoke here :lol:

Evangeline
06-02-2011, 03:50 PM
Ah I do all the time :oops:

My most common phrases:
"Pierre do you have to do that on the bed?"
"Pierre why are you looking at me like that?"

And when I get home from work I ramble about my day and then ask how his was :oops::lol:

kayleewoo
06-02-2011, 03:52 PM
Ah I do all the time :oops:

My most common phrases:
"Pierre do you have to do that on the bed?"
"Pierre why are you looking at me like that?"

And when I get home from work I ramble about my day and then ask how his was :oops::lol:

In our house it's 'Jazmine, no', and 'Stop being a cow Jaz'

TeflonsShadow
06-02-2011, 03:53 PM
I think my common phrase is "Yes Rimmi/Winter, can I help you?" whenever they bound up to me and stare at me!! Or when they dig me.....

charl86
06-02-2011, 03:53 PM
Always... I also get annoyed with them if they don't stay still and listen when I'm trying to tell them somthing important! Its almost like they're not interested in what I have to say!!:lol::lol:

TeflonsShadow
06-02-2011, 03:55 PM
Always... I also get annoyed with them if they don't stay still and listen when I'm trying to tell them somthing important! Its almost like they're not interested in what I have to say!!:lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: :thumb: Thats because bunnies are above us hoomans! They dont have to listen to our dribble! :lol:

xx-snowball-xx
06-02-2011, 03:55 PM
course i do :)
my son won't listen to me telling him what i want to say, snowball has no choice ;)
i know he's bored of my chatter when he goes to hide in his tunnel and his little face is peeking out as if to say "muuuuuuum, are you done yet. i'll come out if you will plaaaay with meee, not deafen meeee" hehe

Elena
06-02-2011, 04:00 PM

Me too :love:

I think people who don't speak to their pets are the odd ones!

And this.

Evangeline
06-02-2011, 04:00 PM
:lol: when Pierre digs I start to sing the seven dwarfs song from Snow White, "dig, dig, dig", Pierre looks up tends to nudge me as if to say "shutttup" and then carries on.

TeflonsShadow
06-02-2011, 04:01 PM
course i do :)
my son won't listen to me telling him what i want to say, snowball has no choice ;)
i know he's bored of my chatter when he goes to hide in his tunnel and his little face is peeking out as if to say "muuuuuuum, are you done yet. i'll come out if you will plaaaay with meee, not deafen meeee" hehe

:lol::lol::lol::lol: He needs little ear muffs!! :love:

TeflonsShadow
06-02-2011, 04:03 PM
:lol: when Pierre digs I start to sing the seven dwarfs song from Snow White, "dig, dig, dig", Pierre looks up tends to nudge me as if to say "shutttup" and then carries on.

I hadnt thought of this!! Timone (lion king) sings a good digging song on lion king 1 1/2 (youtube it "lion king dig a tunnel")

Evangeline
06-02-2011, 04:05 PM
I hadnt thought of this!! Timone (lion king) sings a good digging song on lion king 1 1/2 (youtube it "lion king dig a tunnel")

Ahh variety I might have to sing a different song to get his attention, thank you :)

TeflonsShadow
06-02-2011, 04:09 PM
Ahh variety I might have to sing a different song to get his attention, thank you :)

:thumb: :lol:

loppy ears
06-02-2011, 04:11 PM
I do they always listen and respond in a nice way, animals are always so lovely. :love::love:

I say ooooh do you want some nicey herbs they come and get them and I say fank u mommy, then I say did that taste ok then I say mmmmm yes mommy *then I see a neighbour having a nosey* :oops: They are outdoor buns.

When I am trying to get them to come out for bum checks etc I say come on out you comes so mommy can check your bums, no mommy you haven't given us a tweet yet, OK then come and let me check your bumbum and then you get a treat, well it had better be a good tweet mommy, come on darlings then afterwards I say there you go all done, fank u mommy tweet time now.

So I voted yes.

kayleewoo
06-02-2011, 04:11 PM
Speaking of disney.... I was watching Aladin round my mum's a few weeks back and the Sultan shouted 'Jazmine!'. So Fluff went running over to the tv and looked at it :lol:

xx-snowball-xx
06-02-2011, 04:13 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol: He needs little ear muffs!! :love:

hahaha, i shall buy him some of those next time i am shopping ;)

i love your siggy picture, every time i see it i mean to say something. think it's fab :)

little-laura
06-02-2011, 04:14 PM
course I do :P I talk to myself so why not the rabbits :P

haha

but everyone who owns pets talks to them they are part of the family ^_^

shadow05
06-02-2011, 04:15 PM
i talk to scooter all the time i say things like how u doing buddy i even kiss him on his head. im sad like that :lol::D

mini lop1
06-02-2011, 04:15 PM
i do yes, but is anyone else guilty of giving them voices and pretend they are talking to you :oops: i do :lol:

TeflonsShadow
06-02-2011, 04:17 PM
Speaking of disney.... I was watching Aladin round my mum's a few weeks back and the Sultan shouted 'Jazmine!'. So Fluff went running over to the tv and looked at it :lol:

Thats soooo funny!! I doubt Rimmi will ever hear his name on TV.... and Winters is mentioned often, but she ignores it!

little-laura
06-02-2011, 04:17 PM
i do yes, but is anyone else guilty of giving them voices and pretend they are talking to you :oops: i do :lol:

............raises hand :oops:

mini lop1
06-02-2011, 04:18 PM
............raises hand :oops:

:lol: im glad im not alone on that one then

TeflonsShadow
06-02-2011, 04:18 PM
hahaha, i shall buy him some of those next time i am shopping ;)

i love your siggy picture, every time i see it i mean to say something. think it's fab :)

Thanks :love: The bf got the pictures done as my bday present last year..... it was very sneaky!! We live above a studio and when I was mega ill in bed dead one day, he snuck down stairs, with the bunnies, and got some photos done. Can you imagine if I had woken up and found the bf and the bunnies gone??! :shock: Goodness me! Thankfully, I was out for the count! :p I love them so much :love:

xx-snowball-xx
06-02-2011, 04:20 PM
Thanks :love: The bf got the pictures done as my bday present last year..... it was very sneaky!! We live above a studio and when I was mega ill in bed dead one day, he snuck down stairs, with the bunnies, and got some photos done. Can you imagine if I had woken up and found the bf and the bunnies gone??! :shock: Goodness me! Thankfully, I was out for the count! :p I love them so much :love:

awwwwwwww that's a really lovely present :love::love::love:

TeflonsShadow
06-02-2011, 04:22 PM
awwwwwwww that's a really lovely present :love::love::love:

I know! I dont know how hes going to top it this year.... my bday is in March so he better get thinking... :? :love:

little-laura
06-02-2011, 04:22 PM
:lol: im glad im not alone on that one then

nope I am quite mad :P

only I think I am worse I am studying japanese and I make them speak japanese in different accents >_______<

loppy ears
06-02-2011, 04:23 PM

But you have house rabbits, everybody thinks I am mad when they over hear a two way conversation in the garden.:oops: I kind of forget people can hear as it is out of sight out of mind:oops: I used to have an elderly dog who could not see very well and whilst walking around the park when she was off lead she used to like to hear my voice, so I would run out of things to say and start singing nursery rhymes or just singing away, I got some odd looks.:oops:

Milo+Fizz
06-02-2011, 04:24 PM
Always. I talk to them like they are babies :love: OH takes the mick as I say hi baby boy/girl in a silly voice when I see them. :lol:

mini lop1
06-02-2011, 04:28 PM
nope I am quite mad :P

only I think I am worse I am studying japanese and I make them speak japanese in different accents >_______<

:lol::lol::lol:

happybun
06-02-2011, 04:29 PM
all the time. just did so now, when i walked in. explained to them they'd be pleased to see me as i'd just been to the shop and could 'afford' to give them extra fenugreek crunchies....

TeflonsShadow
06-02-2011, 04:37 PM
all the time. just did so now, when i walked in. explained to them they'd be pleased to see me as i'd just been to the shop and could 'afford' to give them extra fenugreek crunchies....

Bet they were pleased to hear this!!

I remember when someone on here posted a piccy of their car cat bed thing that they had bought their buns, Rimmi really wanted one, so I had to explain money in terms of fenugreek crunchies....

"I only get 10 crunchies, and if I only have 10 crunchies, that isnt enough for something that is 20 crunchies.... sorry fella!"

happybun
06-02-2011, 04:39 PM
:lol: i'm going to have to use that one when explaining why there aren't two bags of alfalfa hay!:lol:

Fifibutton
Come on, admit it, how many of you here speak to your buns??

Im guilty! :p

No offense but what a silly question :p

I speak to mine all the time :D

I'm tri lingual and very fluent in bun language :lol:

helgalush
I talk to them all, including deaf bunny Starbuck... I know he knows what I am saying!! :lol::lol::lol: I even talk to him at the vets, and the vet talks to him and we are in there having a conversation to him....and then I go "erm....he's deaf....oh but never mind" and carry on talking to him anyway!! :lol::lol::lol:

mini lop1
But you have house rabbits, everybody thinks I am mad when they over hear a two way conversation in the garden.:oops: I kind of forget people can hear as it is out of sight out of mind:oops: I used to have an elderly dog who could not see very well and whilst walking around the park when she was off lead she used to like to hear my voice, so I would run out of things to say and start singing nursery rhymes or just singing away, I got some odd looks.:oops:

mum just lets me get on with it now :lol: see's it as the norm :lol:

i still talk or rosie though, even though she isn;t here, each bun has a different kind of voice, as humans would and i still talk or rosie like she is asking how i am and how we are doing

Liz47
06-02-2011, 05:07 PM
Looks like everyone on here does! Me included! :lol: I talk to all my pets, I always explain to them what I'm going to do during the day and when I'll be out next to see them :oops: I talk to my frogs too even though I don't know how much they can hear! :)

susieb1
06-02-2011, 05:16 PM
All the time, in a funny voice I'm told. I'm always telling them how handsome/pretty/cheeky/naughty they are. I always open the door to their outside room and say 'It's only Mummy'. Neighbours think I'm barmy, they're not far wrong. :lol:

Ellasyn
06-02-2011, 05:32 PM
I talk to my bun, even thought he's deaf so he cant hear me. Its habit, i talk to all my pets, and my horse goes better from voice commands than anything else.

Aurora
06-02-2011, 06:24 PM
Everyday I talk to the buns. I've heard the OH doing it too, he puts on a different voice as well :lol:

ripminnie
06-02-2011, 06:33 PM
I think it would be strange NOT to talk to them! :?

wally4eva
06-02-2011, 06:34 PM
I don't think anyone can say no :oops: It's just a habit :P

I agree:p I can't not talk to them when I go to see them:lol::D:p

Jaysmonkey
06-02-2011, 06:39 PM
No they speak to me...:oops:

mini lop1
06-02-2011, 07:00 PM
No they speak to me...:oops:

:D:love::love:

clutterydrawer
06-02-2011, 07:11 PM
Yes, and I leave pauses while they "reply", then I respond to whatever they've said. :)

:oops:

Jenson
06-02-2011, 07:35 PM
Yes, of course, who wouldn't!! :shock:

TeflonsShadow
06-02-2011, 07:41 PM
Whos Said No??

littleboots
06-02-2011, 07:41 PM
Yes, of course, who wouldn't!! :shock:

I do.. but..look at the poll.... someone doesnt :(:(:(
how can you not???

susie bun
06-02-2011, 07:46 PM
I get funny looks in the vet's waiting room. You'd think there was something odd about talking to a rabbit...:lol::lol::lol:

Kittykat23uk
06-02-2011, 07:52 PM
Of course I talk to them all the time! :D

Grin
06-02-2011, 09:44 PM
I get funny looks in the vet's waiting room. You'd think there was something odd about talking to a rabbit...:lol::lol::lol:

I talk to the pets in the vets. :oops: "Heyyylllooooooo - you dont look tooo happy Mr.Doggy" usually gets met with a "It's a Mrs Doggy and her name is ...." and quite often the owner will talk through the dog/cat/tortoise etc. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think it's the law that you do this as a pet owner. I mean, how else would our pets know what we are up to or how we think??? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

bensonlola
06-02-2011, 10:29 PM
I tell them each I love them befrom I lock their shed door and they get a kiss on the head each. I tell Chester dog the same and he gets a kiss. I tell Barnaby hammy to have fun, before I go to bed and say "night night ladies" to the guinea girls and give them a lettuce leaf each.

I live alone - this is sad isn't it! :roll:

cashmincal
06-02-2011, 10:32 PM
guilty of talking to them :)

HS
06-02-2011, 11:08 PM

*ahem, yes* :oops:
We talk to the buns all the time. And answer for them.
And I have a little ritual at bedtime. I have to say 'night bunnies, sleep tight, love you all lots and see you in the morning!'
Honestly, it's like having kids.

helgalush
06-02-2011, 11:13 PM

Oh yeah we do this too. :oops::oops:

jazzywoo
06-02-2011, 11:15 PM
cant beleive anyone wouldnt talk to any of their pets
my daughter reads bed time stories to taylor her tortoise !!

shell1805
06-02-2011, 11:25 PM
:wave: me and the OH half does. when i get home i shout out 'bunnie's im home' and when we go to bed we say 'night buns, see ya in the morning'

im always chatting to them and even when my friends come over they go to have a quick chat with them.

think its only natural, they're part of the family. i even talk to my hammies and ahem goldfish :oops:

xx

Candiflare
07-02-2011, 12:16 AM
Whos Said No??

ME! i just wanted to see what it would feel like to cause a stir and be the only rebel :p:p:p:p:p so let me just suck it all up :o:o:o yehhh that felt good! :oops::oops::oops:

Okay, now for the truth, yes I do talk to the bunnehs, all the time. I ask them if they would like another fenugreek crunchie? and they say "yes!" and I say "OK that's your last one, but if one of you licks my hand then that one gets an extra one..." Then they obv hear me because one of them licks my hand and I give them another one :oops::oops::oops:

shell1805
07-02-2011, 12:20 AM
ME! i just wanted to see what it would feel like to cause a stir and be the only rebel :p:p:p:p:p so let me just suck it all up :o:o:o yehhh that felt good! :oops::oops::oops:

Okay, now for the truth, yes I do talk to the bunnehs, all the time. I ask them if they would like another fenugreek crunchie? and they say "yes!" and I say "OK that's your last one, but if one of you licks my hand then that one gets an extra one..." Then they obv hear me because one of them licks my hand and I give them another one :oops::oops::oops:

:shock: you're palying with our emotions!!!! im shocked!!!! :shock:

:lol:

thumps_
07-02-2011, 12:20 AM
Course I do, & reckoned that he understood about 60 of my words & phrases within 2 months. :shock:

[Just cos he didn't do what I wanted, didn't mean he didn't understand. eg if I said "into the kitchen" he'd immediately wedge himself in the remotest most inaccessible corner of the sitting room he could find. He just didn't want play time to end. :lol:]

loppy ears
07-02-2011, 12:24 AM

This could have been one RU poll where everybody agreed:lol:

Candiflare
07-02-2011, 12:33 AM
This could have been one RU poll where everybody agreed:lol:

Sorry guys :( I just wanted my five mins of fame. But I should've known it would come with a price - ruining the RU poll.

chelle
07-02-2011, 01:44 AM
Me me me!:lol:
I always chat to them, wanr them if they are going to the vets, tell them what they doing...ask if they want more hay or herbs! and they sit listening or snuggle down for a fuss....on the floor...but they seem to understand whats happening...they tell you so much with their body language!
Just tonight - Arrabella looked like she wanted to go back to the run - we were playing in the lounge...and when I said we can go back there if you want to? She looked at me & gave a humongous binky across the rug...so obviously NO - Ill play some more thanks!:lol::love::love:

KB
07-02-2011, 04:39 AM
I speak to every animal I meet not just my own.

honey61
07-02-2011, 06:31 AM
Guilty as charged :D
.... And they all have their own voices when they talk back to me :lol:

William
07-02-2011, 08:08 AM
Yes :D

Who was teh 1 person who said no? :lol:

TeflonsShadow
07-02-2011, 12:02 PM
Wow! Thats over 100 of us! :o

mattyp
07-02-2011, 12:09 PM
All the time! Usually its 'no don't do that' or 'stop peeing there' or 'stop pulling your foodbowl off me before there's food in it!' :roll:

GrahamL
07-02-2011, 12:16 PM
Hell yes :lol:

clarebear
07-02-2011, 12:17 PM
As I'm home alone a lot during the day, sometimes Bramble is the only one I talk too! :lol:

donnamt
07-02-2011, 12:22 PM
i do but i think its wasted As Alvin is very very definately deaf :lol:

beccimarie
07-02-2011, 12:23 PM
:oops: guilty.. i always get them up at half 6 aswell.. and my neighbour slams her window shut :oops:

"morning babsy wabsys, did you have good sleepys, oooo looks what mummys got... ooo who wants apple leaves, do you want apple leaves do you?!? good caspwy waspy and popsy wopsey" :oops: :lol:

mini lop1
07-02-2011, 12:26 PM
who said no ?

TeflonsShadow
07-02-2011, 12:27 PM
:oops: guilty.. i always get them up at half 6 aswell.. and my neighbour slams her window shut :oops:

"morning babsy wabsys, did you have good sleepys, oooo looks what mummys got... ooo who wants apple leaves, do you want apple leaves do you?!? good caspwy waspy and popsy wopsey" :oops: :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bet your neighbour loves you!! :p

TeflonsShadow
07-02-2011, 12:27 PM
who said no ?

It was candiflare!! She was toying with our emotions!! Look a page or so back!

mini lop1
07-02-2011, 12:30 PM
It was candiflare!! She was toying with our emotions!! Look a page or so back!

ok thanks :lol:

MopsyMops =]
07-02-2011, 12:32 PM
All the time :)

Kermit
07-02-2011, 12:38 PM
Yip, as soon as i get in the house i shout 'Mummies home' then i continue to talk to them all the time.

I also answer myself back as if they are talking to me. Like when i clean Inca underneath, i say....

Me: There you go Incsy Pinksy, thats you all clean
Inca: Thanks mummy, can i get my treat now
Me: Yes, of course, you have been a very good girl

:):):):):)!!!!!!!!!! I have lost it :)