• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Girl chase

Pabala

Young Bun
Have 2 girl rabbits Missy (6) & Willow (4). When I am sitting downstairs at times I hear constint chasing (sheer madness), when I go upto see them willow has been chasing missy. They have never drawn any blood, is this normal for them to do this. Should I just leave them alone and get used to it as other times they groom and sit with each other.

The other reason I am asking is we only moved into a house 2 years ago and I have always lived in flats so didnt really hear them. They are house rabbits

None of the two of them are spayed, Missy was about 2 when we got willow (she was a few months old)they have been together ever since same room etc

I ould suspect this is likely related to spring fever. Spaying will likely ease the issue of chasing and also make them happier.

Given they are older it would be suggested to get bloods done and suchlike, to check they are healthy enough to be spayed.

Spaying is also good for girlies as it drastically cuts the health problems that can develop if they aren't actively breeding

Spaying not only dramatically cuts the risk of hormone related aggression which you seem to be experiencing now, it also eliminates uterine cancer - which 80% of unspayed female buns get....

Thanks I just thought maybe they would be to old to spay, will have to contact vet when funds are available and see how much it would costs.

It will cost a lot less to spay than if they require stitches & treatment for wounds from fighting or if they develop cancer... :?

True but my husband is the only one who works in the house (I have bad heart), so it would be a case of us having to get it done when we had the money.

Back