• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is the OLDEST bunny you have heard of

Barn Yard Bunnies

Staff member
The oldest one of my bunnies has lived to is 9 years old.

I once bumped into a woman at my old vets and she had a bunny of 11 years old who had some lactating problem, but still in good health.

I had a bunny who was nearly 12 but on another forum there was a lady who had a 16/17 year old dutch. She was in the process of getting him into the Guiness Book of Records when he sadly died.

I had a bunny who was nearly 12 but on another forum there was a lady who had a 16/17 year old dutch. She was in the process of getting him into the Guiness Book of Records when he sadly died.

Wow nearly 12 is a very good age. 16/17 that is amazing. That is older than most dogs and cats.

I had a bunny called Barnaby who was at least 11years old. He was a rescue and fully grown when I adopted him so difficult to guess his true age. Looking at photos of other old bunnies, I would have put his age somewhere around 13 or 14.

In his last few months he looked rather like a very well cuddled teddy bear!! Rather threadbare if you get what I mean.

Special needs in the end, but what a chap. I still call my little bunny called Ambrose, Barnaby occasionally.

Sweet dreams Barnaby. xxxxxx

Someone on Golden Bunnies with a 17 year old bun, or lived to 17 anyway.

My vet had a 14 year old. Oldest I have had is 8.

what is the oldest bunny you have heard of

My oldest bunny was Rolo:)he was a dutch cross with uppy ears and he was 15 when he passed over:cry:the oldest one i have heard of was 17 (think it was the one from golden bunnies):)

Was at my vet last week and she told me they'd recently had to pts a 14 year old bunny.

my uncles bunny passed away a few days before his 14th birthday. he was a tiny little netherland dwarf cross.

When I was at school a friend of a friend had a 16 year old bun, or so she said. He certainly looked very old and sleepy.

My oldest bun is Mona who will be 9 in April. She does not act her age though :lol:

I think Winston must be one of the oldest bunnies currently on the forum. I don't know how old he is because he was rescued as a fully grown adult bun, but at least 10 years and probably nearer 12.

He has lots of age related problems like arthritis, cataracts, glaucoma, and was treated for a cancerous tumour last year

IMAG0251.jpg

my oldest would be rosie pts last year 6months ago :cry:

the one in the guniess book of records i don;t think should be in as they got it out of wild, so can;t see how they can really prove its age :?

Guiness World Records
"The longest-lived rabbit was caught from the wild on August 6, 1964,
and christened Flopsy. It died 18 years, 10 months, and 21 days later,
at the home of L.B. Walker of Longford, Tasmania, Australia."

My oldest bunny is 8 this year, would love him to get to 18.

I had a bunny that lived with us for 13 years before he sadly passed away, I have no idea how old he was when he first got him though, the people who had him before us were moving and couldn't take him with them. He was a lovely boy, didn't like much fuss but was very mischievous and hated coming in after free ranging time. He was black when we first got him but went greyish eventually. In his final months he let you fuss him, I think because he was just so tired. Poor old boy.

My Leo bunny is 14 or around that now! Not sure of exact birthday but he is 14 or virtually 14:)

Still going strong - just eating his weekly treat at the mo - a bit of a stale scone:lol:

P1090451.jpg

P1090453.jpg

the oldest bunny we ever had was captain barbosa he was a mini lop and died just before his 12th birthday
however we do own apple a 7 year old continental giant who is 4 years past her sell by date they are only supposed to live 3 years so she is the oldest continental giant known to anyone :love: she is 8 in july

Back