• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where can I get Timothy hay from??

TeflonsShadow

Wise Old Thumper
I used to buy mine from P@H but I dont go there any more.... the hay experts only have western timothy hay, which is greener, and more velvety than timothy hay, not to mention, more expencive.

The P@H timothy hay was always yellow and stalky, the babies loved it.

Any help?

Hay for pets have a mixture of Timothy and Rye, they sell 3 sizes the largest 9.5kg for £15 including delivery.

Tricky. I get it from Animal Magic, but that's the 'western' variety. To be honest, I would put principal aside and get it from P@H if they've got what your buns need and want. Spenser didn't like it but he's not a big hay eater and lives on sample bags from Animal Magic.

It was their own brand, although, now you mention it, the marigold excel one has the same type of timothy hay in it... I forgot that!

Tricky. I get it from Animal Magic, but that's the 'western' variety. To be honest, I would put principal aside and get it from P@H if they've got what your buns need and want. Spenser didn't like it but he's not a big hay eater and lives on sample bags from Animal Magic.

My guys arent fussy, they eat whatever I give them, it was just a bit cheaper than the excel timothy one! :p

They will even eat wilko hay ... its so sad!! :roll:

I get my hay from http://www.chinchillas2shop.co.uk/ my boy loves meadow hay. When I tried him on P@H Timothy Hay his eyes watered a lot (don't worry I did take him to the vets for a tooth check and they were fine - as soon as I removed the Timothy hay there hasn't been another problem since.)

What's the secret? :p Actually, I haven't tried Wilko hay ... ;)

My two like eating too. I do not have much experience with rabbits, there is so much to learn, would having a pair make them more likely to eat because they think if they don't eat it their partner may eat it all?

IMO, the BEST timothy hay is from www.willowwarren.co.uk. I've been to the farm in Pembrokeshire where it's grown on a smallholding. Bales are lovingly kept in dark barns with dehumidifiers going to control moisture and then each bale is frozen in a huge freezer for at least 24 hours (to kill any mites etc) before being dried and then boxed for dispatch. The guy that owns the farm really cares about what he's doing - it's a real family business. My buns absolutely love it.

IMO, the BEST timothy hay is from www.willowwarren.co.uk. I've been to the farm in Pembrokeshire where it's grown on a smallholding. Bales are lovingly kept in dark barns with dehumidifiers going to control moisture and then each bale is frozen in a huge freezer for at least 24 hours (to kill any mites etc) before being dried and then boxed for dispatch. The guy that owns the farm really cares about what he's doing - it's a real family business. My buns absolutely love it.

Oooh, that looks awesome...... I feel my bunny purse calling me (yes, my purse is covered in bunnies! :love: )

I can certainly recommend this two I have been using the company for over 4 years and haven't had a rabbit turn their nose up. Even Kate's buns that have stayed here for a couple of days approve.

I can certainly recommend this two I have been using the company for over 4 years and haven't had a rabbit turn their nose up. Even Kate's buns that have stayed here for a couple of days approve.

Well I am certainly going to take that on board! :thumb:

What boxes do you get?? Are they well stuffed??

My two like eating too. I do not have much experience with rabbits, there is so much to learn, would having a pair make them more likely to eat because they think if they don't eat it their partner may eat it all?

I gather this is very likely. :) Unfortunately Spenser's accomodation isn't big enough for two at the moment, and I think he could be tricky to bond.

Well I am certainly going to take that on board! :thumb:

What boxes do you get?? Are they well stuffed??

I'd recommend you get a sample box first. It is cheaper to get the box deals and they are well packed. I got the 4 large box deal last time but I have a playhouse to store it in.

I'd recommend you get a sample box first. It is cheaper to get the box deals and they are well packed. I got the 4 large box deal last time but I have a playhouse to store it in.

Oh gosh, are the boxes that big :shock: :lol:

I think I am going to order a small box for now, I know they will eat it, they eat anything! :D Im impressed by their website. I want their wicker hayrack but it looks far too large for my two..... they are only diddlies!!

Back