• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mr B's Skirt

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
Mr B is having his twice yearly big moult at the minute. It starts at the back of his neck and works backwards so at the minute it looks like he is wearing a skirt!

0e2eabb5.jpg

c69e2e55.jpg

It is very sore as it literally just peels away leaving bald patches and making his skin sore as it pulls. He is really grumpy at the minute so hoping its over soon so he feels more comfortable.

He is such a darling, and looks different every time you post him. :love: I'm sorry his coat causes him such a lot of trouble, poor boy. How big is he? His face looks mini-lop size, but I'm not a good judge of size from photos.

He is such a darling, and looks different every time you post him. :love: I'm sorry his coat causes him such a lot of trouble, poor boy. How big is he? His face looks mini-lop size, but I'm not a good judge of size from photos.

He is only small, probably about the size of a mini lop. He weighs 1.9kg.

His new fur grows through brown and feels like normal rabbit fur, as it grows it turns white and gets fluffier into cashmere fur. Then twice a year the cashmere fur falls out and new brown hair grows through.

I came back for another look.:love: His wee face is so cute, peeking out from all the fluff. How long do his moults last for?

I came back for another look.:love: His wee face is so cute, peeking out from all the fluff. How long do his moults last for?

It takes around 3-4 weeks to go through totally. He has a fine moult all year round but his two major ones are a nightmare.

We brush him every day but when he is having a moult brushing is painful as it pulls against his sore skin so he goes mad trying to bite and attack us!

Well done for rescuing him and for looking after him.:D :love::love::love::love: He's a gorgeous bunny, but I really wish people didn't breed bunnies with problems.:(

Back