• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

immune support for buns

Echinecea in the water taking breaks for Merlin. There are all sorts of herbs which help with the immune system I believe plantain is one of them.

Thanks both, I should also mention it's for Widget for her sniffle. Which echinacea do you buy? Is it a tincture or powder or something? :D

Thanks bith, I should also mention it's for Widget for her sniffle. Which echinacea do you buy? is it a tincture or powder or something? :D

Merlin had snuffles and that is why I use it. I get the tincture from Holland and Barrett and just put a pippet full in his water bottle when he needs a boost.

Does it work?

I believe it does. Merlin came to me after having clicking on the lungs. He had quite bad snuffles originally and was quite underweight. He hardly has any boughts now and I just give him some every few months or so. You can give it 1 week on 1 week off but I don't use it that often. I believe Santa used to use it for Santa where I pinched the idea from.

So if I put a pipette full in their litre of water would that be too weak? They get through a litre every 2-3 days.

I think I might wait and mention it to my vet. I will be making an appointment when I'm low on Baytril which will be soonish so I'll ask then.

:)Mine are on Allen and Page and loads of fresh hay with a bit of veg. So they should be getting a complete diet, but Widget has a snuffle since before Christmas so I'm trying to find ways to boost her immune system.

Aw Jo sorry to hear this I am sending drying snot vibes to you hope Stephan is able to help you on Tuesday x

Thanks Clair, she seems not so bad tonight, but that's partly the problem, it's not bad enough to treat (or hasn't been) in the vets' opinions since her lung cleared up before christmas. Not sure if that will have changed now though. :?

Back