• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

7 bonded bunnies in my kitchen...

Zahirre

Warren Veteran
So, after the rescuing of the buns from auction yesterday, we needed a pen to put Pumpkin and her litter in so we could use the indoor cage for the little Nethie's.
Popped the pen up and popped them all in... Then, all of a sudden, Dexter decided he wanted in! (don't worry, he's been neutered for over 8 weeks) One little girl has been escaping to get to him so we let him in.
Sat watching all night until 3am and it was incredible! Never seen Dexie sooo happy!
He sat grooming every single baby all night, to the point that they were jumping on top of each other to get to him! Then, Pumpkin gave the babies a good feed (which was hilarious to watch!!!) and when she jumped away to relax, Dexter jumped over to the babies and blocked the way to Pumpkin. Then, Dexie and Pumpkin flopped out next to eachother all snuggled up, with Dexie grooming her!
I decided to leave them to it for the rest of the night. Dexie has been so lonely since Pumpkin the 1st died and he's had no close contact to other buns. I think it's helped that I've freeranged them with Dexie still hopping about and they've been in the kitchen in the indoor cage since babies were born.
So... woke up this morning and they were all still snuggling and munching hay :) Dexie is the happiest I've ever seen him...

Feels completely insane... They're all sooo happy!!!!!

Aww that's wonderful.

So have Pumpkin 2 and Dexter never met ??

As long as they're happy :) one of my neutered males stayed with the female to raise the litter. He seemed more enthusiastic about them than the mother did!

Aww that's wonderful.

So have Pumpkin 2 and Dexter never met ??

As long as they're happy :) one of my neutered males stayed with the female to raise the litter. He seemed more enthusiastic about them than the mother did!

They have met (when he escaped and erm, you know... did the naughty :p lol) And they have seen eachother through the cage bars for months...
But it's amazing! Dexie has been grooming her all morning! I was so worried about him as he'd become so grumpy and sad being all on his own but now he's not!!!!!!! Wooop :D hehe xx

Back