• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

where can I put my male rabbit temporarily

poyassine

New Kit
Hiya, Max just been castrated, Scruffy might be pregnant, at the mo he is in a makeshift run with his pet carrier to sleep in on the night. Without spending so much money and lack of space, where can I put Max temporarily. They might be separated for some time if she is pregnant. What do I do? Have been looking at runs, but they are so big, we don't have much room and don't want to invest in another hutch, already have a 2 tier hutch (no bed area downstairs). Is it ok if they are both in the same hutch but if I board up the hole to go upstairs???? Help[

Hi there, :wave:

Firstly is this hutch indoor or outdoor?
What size is it?
If you have the space indoors dog crates are very cheap on ebay.

I don't know if your hutch id the same size but my friend blocked the hole up and they were fine. (That's one bunny up and one bunny down).

Hiya, just spoke to someone at pets at home. Maybe he was trying to sell me an indoor rabbit cage, but he said, maybe you should keep mum inside before she gives birth then babies will be also inside for a few weeks before they go outside. Is this a good idea? Shouldn't we leave rabbits outside just for them to get used to the temp? Don't know what to do? Blocking the hole is a great big contender at the moment as she has started nesting.

darn, sorry, just realised that you said outdoors.
it has stakes to go in the grass, so it can go outside if you use it for dogs, but i doubt that it would be suitable for a rabbit to live in outside because they would dig their way out and other animals could also get in and harm them.
apologies for the misunderstanding

Have you consdered an emergency spay for mum? sorry fi that's been mentioned on another thread.

It might be worth going on sites like preloved, gumtree and freecycle and seeing if anyone has a 48 inch dog crate you could have. I got two that way, really cheaply too.

Trixielover, did your friend have a sleeping area for both floors, I don't have one for downstairs, is a cardboard box stuffed with hay sufficient for the other bunny?

Back