• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Reputable animal boarding in Essex area?

cloughie

Banned
Anyone know of a reputable animal boarding place in Essex/ Kent area that would be able to accomodate 3 buns (2 dwarf lops and 1 mini lop)?

I know of 2 places near me but their hutches are only 5x2 or 6x2, which wouldn't be suitable for 3 buns really...what do you guys think?

Shame I don't have any animal lovers as friends :( :lol:

I'm guessing you're not, but if you're near Colchester, then I can recommend someone excellent in Bury St. Edmunds, but it really sounds like you're not anywhere near here. :lol: So this is clearly a useless post.

I'm guessing you're not, but if you're near Colchester, then I can recommend someone excellent in Bury St. Edmunds, but it really sounds like you're not anywhere near here. :lol: So this is clearly a useless post.

I'm about 2 hours from there...4 hours driving would turn me into a nervous wreck :lol:

We have a 6ft x2ft with permanently attached 6ft x 4ft run if you get stuck :)

:wave: I thought I read somewhere that you were doing boarding now :) are you over in Surrey now or still good ole Dag'nam? :lol:

Dunno even know if I'll be going away but hopefully will get to go away for a week with me dad and perhaps a weekend with the OH :) Its hard to find places that have runs attached, which is what 3 buns would need really...my 3 would go stir crazy being locked in overnight :lol:

:wave: I thought I read somewhere that you were doing boarding now :) are you over in Surrey now or still good ole Dag'nam? :lol:

Dunno even know if I'll be going away but hopefully will get to go away for a week with me dad and perhaps a weekend with the OH :) Its hard to find places that have runs attached, which is what 3 buns would need really...my 3 would go stir crazy being locked in overnight :lol:

A bit of both :lol:
But Dagenham permanently from June ish on :wave:

Aw yeah we have one hutch with permanently attached run, and two other hutches that have from early morning until nightfall access to a run.

A bit of both :lol:
But Dagenham permanently from June ish on :wave:

Aw yeah we have one hutch with permanently attached run, and two other hutches that have from early morning until nightfall access to a run.

Ah good on ya...Essex is the place to be :lol:

I would love for my buns to board with ya for a week if I do go away...do you have a price for boarding a trio?

Have to warn ya though...Phoebe poops and wee's for England...cleaning up after her is no fun :lol:

Ahh I am used to it with my 5 :lol:
For a trio it is £7 per night including drop off and pick up days (single buns is £5pn and pairs £6pn so pretty much £1 more per bun per night :lol:)

I haven't met your bunch in the fur, so it would be a nice treat to meet them :love:

Mmmm yeh I suppose you have seen your fair share of furry poop and wee machines :lol:.

Ahhh you'll love my lot they're so friendly (honest :roll::lol:)...might even bring out the love of lops in ya...gooooo ooooon admit it...you know you have a softy loppy spot in ya :lol:.

Are there any weeks in June/July/August/Sept that would be a no no for ya? I assume I would be going away around the months...just got to arrange something with my dad, which is no easy task :roll:

Oh yes! Especially after having 7 male babies staying with me in one hutch for a week :shock: I can not believe so much could come out of those little bottoms! :lol:

You never know ;) One bun that did soften me towards lops was Jon bunny here. He was so dopey and "special" that you couldn't not love him!

I have someone getting in contact to view about an outside boarding in August for a few weeks, but apart from that, it is all indoor bookings I have at the moment :)

WOW! 7 babies x 7 portions of bunny poops in one area = :shock::shock: :lol:

Jon? :? never heard of him...I demand a pic ;) sounds lovely :)

Ohhh that's cool...will havr to see how things go :)

so the hutch was covered with a layer of newspaper, hay and then poop :lol:

Ah 2008...that's why :lol: what a gorgeous bun..I bet he didn't take long to find a home :smitten:

Loads of poop meaning paper change twice daily :shock:

Yes :love: He went to live with Chipmunk, a nethie with us, and his new mummy's original bun Bridget and have the run of the whole conservatory with his harem :lol:

Twice daily clean outs...I don't miss them days :lol:

Aww sounds like that went to a fantastic home :) Do you remember Honey the french lop you rehomed to Jade (GB) last year? I got to meet her in the fur last month....gorgeous bun! She also has 2 belgian hares...you would love them :love:

Teamed with all the others here it was a better workout than gym!

Oh yes :love: Bless her, she is such a big, fuzzy, grumpy looking girl :love: (Honey, not Jade!)

I have seen pics of her hares, they are beautiful!

Hiya
I have sent you a PM but we do boarding on a small scale, we used to be big but have scaled down to very small this year, but we have an outhouse (connected to our house via the back door so its not away from the house). Which is over 8 foot long and five foot wide and would be very suitable for a trio.

I have a long list of references from people on this forum I can give you if you like, sent my phone number in a PM so you can ring me if you like to discuss, or I can ring you if you prefer I have lots of minutes.

www.sunnydaysboarding.co.uk

Teamed with all the others here it was a better workout than gym!

Oh yes :love: Bless her, she is such a big, fuzzy, grumpy looking girl :love: (Honey, not Jade!)

I have seen pics of her hares, they are beautiful!

:lol: I bet!

Yep that's the one...she is adorable! they got a second french lop recently...he is lush but bonding didn't go too well last time I heard. Lil miss Honey is a tad bit grumpy :lol:

Her hares are stunning, never thought I'd say that about hares but ya do get the odd few :love:

Hiya
I have sent you a PM but we do boarding on a small scale, we used to be big but have scaled down to very small this year, but we have an outhouse (connected to our house via the back door so its not away from the house). Which is over 8 foot long and five foot wide and would be very suitable for a trio.

I have a long list of references from people on this forum I can give you if you like, sent my phone number in a PM so you can ring me if you like to discuss, or I can ring you if you prefer I have lots of minutes.

www.sunnydaysboarding.co.uk

Hi

Thank you :wave: I have replied :)

Looks like it'll only be a long weekend at this rate :(

There is Animotel in Grays too, the lady that runs it looks after mine at home so not too sure about her boarding facilities, but have a look at her website:)

Back