• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit den for the runs

puppyjess12345

Mama Doe
So im wanting to get a kind of den for outside in their dens as they love being out there but not getting wet so instead they sit at the catflap door so I thought I'd get them a den to peak there head out of to. So has anyone got either of these?

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/hutches_cages/rabbit_hutches/natura/33223 (large one)

or:

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/dog_kennels_flaps/dog_houses/woody/95888 (I know its for dogs but its bigger and practically the same thing)

Any good?

:wave:

I didn't know it had to be used in a garden.... :?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I got mine really c:lol:heap for their run.... but they dont use the run often as we dont have a garden.

Alice at Windwhistle warren has one or two, they are quite small but good for bun to run into if it rains.... she has them in her shed/run combi. They also like standing on them.

What about a cheap plastic child's table? Or a chair? Honest mine much prefer sitting under their tables and chairs than anything else!

Indoors we have a table in the lionhead's room with a blanket over...

_IGP1149-vi.jpg

And the lops love sitting under this chair...

Photo0664-vi.jpg

Out in the garden they have plastic children's chairs... (and I'm thinking of trying to find some small plastic tables)

_IGP7430-vi.jpg

What about a cheap plastic child's table? Or a chair? Honest mine much prefer sitting under their tables and chairs than anything else!

Indoors we have a table in the lionhead's room with a blanket over...

_IGP1149-vi.jpg

And the lops love sitting under this chair...

Photo0664-vi.jpg

Out in the garden they have plastic children's chairs... (and I'm thinking of trying to find some small plastic tables)

_IGP7430-vi.jpg

I wanted to get some plastic chairs and tables for their runs too! I just cant find them anywhere cause its winter, know any places? :wave:

I wanted to get some plastic chairs and tables for their runs too! I just cant find them anywhere cause its winter, know any places? :wave:

Not really :? I'm planning on looking in garden centres when it gets a bit warmer. I have seen some in ones before. I have no idea where we got those green ones from. We got them years ago for our friend's children when we have BBQ's but they've outgrown them now so the bunns have got them!

Not really :? I'm planning on looking in garden centres when it gets a bit warmer. I have seen some in ones before. I have no idea where we got those green ones from. We got them years ago for our friend's children when we have BBQ's but they've outgrown them now so the bunns have got them!

Yeaah, I've seen them on ebay but the postage is to much!

I think the first one is a tad small to use as a proper den. I like the idea of a small kennel...awfully expensive though :lol:

What about a 3ft rabbit hutch? you could put a thin sheet of play over the mesh part to make it fully covered :)

Last edited:
I think the first one is a tad small to use as a proper den. I like the idea of a small kennel...awfully expensive though :lol:

What about a 3ft rabbit hutch? you could put a thin sheet of play over the mesh part to make it fully covered :)

Just had a quick look and they're all about £40+ so I might as well just get the dog kennel.

I got my plastic chair from my local £1 shop...my buns also love them lil plastic stools.

I have seen the platic chairs and tables in The Range too :) I think I would prefer a wooden table as a plastic one could wobble about about ab easily be pushed around

I got my plastic chair from my local £1 shop...my buns also love them lil plastic stools.

I have seen the platic chairs and tables in The Range too :) I think I would prefer a wooden table as a plastic one could wobble about about ab easily be pushed around

Ooooh are they in the Range now (as in this time of year?) I can go there! My poundland doesn't have any plastic tables and chairs.

And ebay is where I looked :lol:

Ooooh are they in the Range now (as in this time of year?) I can go there! My poundland doesn't have any plastic tables and chairs.

And ebay is where I looked :lol:

They were last time I looked (2 weeks ago)...they were red or green...weren't a bad price really :) also spotted tables in Poundstretcher.

What about a 2nd hand hutch? some can be really nice condition and scrub up nicely with a lick of paint :)

They were last time I looked (2 weeks ago)...they were red or green...weren't a bad price really :) also spotted tables in Poundstretcher.

What about a 2nd hand hutch? some can be really nice condition and scrub up nicely with a lick of paint :)

Sorry I keep coming up with excuses - well my dad would have to pick it up, etc

I just really want the kennel :oops::oops: Its 85cm so 2.7feet, not to bad for a hide-away.

Back