• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

run roof?

PixieRabbit

Mama Doe
Hi we're still doing out best to figure out how we're moving the garden around etc. And amongst those things is the run that's being attached to the shed. We've been debating having a rainproof roof, and I want it to be easily lifted by myself. I can be quite weak :oops:
But it has to be sturdy just in case we get a stray cat or fox in the garden.

I don't know how you can have a sturdy roof that can be easily lifted :?

My recommendation is to use clear PVC corrugated sheets

I don't know how you can have a sturdy roof that can be easily lifted :?

My recommendation is to use clear PVC corrugated sheets

some people have the normal mesh roof's where you lift it up as it's on a hinge. I'm getting myself all in a muddle as I have no idea where I'm wanting anything to go :oops: I'm debating just going for the mesh room, and covering with the plastic sheets in the rain and to protect against too much sun.

We made ours out of the corrolux plastic sheets set on to a wooden frame, slanting so the rain runs off, so you can lift it off easily.

Why do you want to be able to lift them up?

Ideally I would suggest having a timber frame/mesh flat roof and then put some corrugated clear PVC sheets on top of that with some wood underneath to create a slope. That would be permanent though, you wouldn't be able to move it.

Bramble's run has corragated plastic fixed over the mesh and wood frame. OH also made it so that the top of the run is hinged and can be propped open for cleaning out. Also the plastic can be taken off in the summer when it gets too hot.

pa180019.jpg

pc060008i.jpg

Bramble's run has corragated plastic fixed over the mesh and wood frame. OH also made it so that the top of the run is hinged and can be propped open for cleaning out. Also the plastic can be taken off in the summer when it gets too hot.

pa180019.jpg

pc060008i.jpg

Thank you, that's helped a bunch! :)

And because I want to be able to life the roof to get in and sweep it better.

We just made a prop out of a piece of wood, which holds open the top. I can actually get into the run myself if I need too! :lol:

Back