• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why choose a playhouse against a shed ?

seagreen

Warren Scout
As I always look for the easiest way of doing any chore I don't understand why outside rabbit owners would go for a playhouse rather than a shed.

It's just in my experience of cleaning out sheds to playhouses is I can standup in a shed but bent over in a playhouse, making the job more awkward.

Perhaps its a question of cost but I would rather spend a bit more to be able to standup straight.

I had my wendy house before I decided to put buns in there, I think it looks nicer than a shed would in its place :)

sorry to ask, i have heard a lot about playhouses over sheds.
can someone tell me what a playhouse is? sorry, im a bit dumb :shock::oops::wave:

I think they look nicer and are less imposing in the garden.
I'd go for a shed over a playhouse every time though for practicality.

edit: when we were looking playhouses seemed much more expensive for what you got than sheds. :?

Some people prefer wendys to sheds as they are shorter and look less imposing in a garden particuarly if you need to have a few. Depending on your height wendys may be too short and make back problems worse if you need to bend over a lot. 6 x 4 Wendys are better for height than a 4 x 4. Most Wendys are made from T&G rather than the overlap which makes them stronger.

Sheds on the other hand are ofter cheaper than a wendy, taller and come in larger sizes.

I'm 4'11 and I still find them hard to get in and out of :oops:

Really?
Maybe different designs are better than others?

this is mine..

Photo0073.jpg

photo0075-1.jpg

Due to having to move to a house with a tiny garden I decided to have playhouses built on top of very sturdy runs to maximise the available space and still leave some garden for supervised freeranging.

If space was no object though I would choose a shed with attached run next time- the problem being that if any of the rabbits have any mobility issues or a disability the levels become a problem, as I have found with my head tilt bunny, Tippex. I'm now looking to swap her playhouse/run setup for a shed setup which will be easier and safer for her to use when she is able to go back outside xx

I had a choice between a shed with a smaller run, or a playhouse with a bigger run. My outside pair like to run around so I went for the option with the bigger run.

I agree though that they arent the easiest of things to clean out - I'm 6ft and am forever banging my head or my back when reversing out of the door :lol:

Back