• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Slabs in the Buns Run

wally4eva

Mama Doe
When we first made the run we just sewed grass seeds and they grew but then we let the bunnies onto the grass and wow it was eaten so quickly! Along with all the wet weather it couldn't really survive. So now all the grass has completely died :)cry:R.I.P.) I decided it wasn't very nice the bunnies just having mud to run around on, so I got my dad on the job of putting more slabs in. This way there is also more space for their tunnels without them getting muddy and it's much easier to sweep up.

You can kind of see in this picture what it was like before, with a few slabs.
-
WalnutsPalace-PicsForPaula002-1.jpg

And now, with more slabs:) There is also another smallish slab just outside the cat flap on the side of the shed you can't see)
DSC09605.jpg

DSC09603.jpg

As you can see there is still quite a bit of bare muddy ground, so me and my mum decided to give up on growing the grass and just go out and buy some turf:lol: So hopefully they will have some nice nommy grass soon!

Looks great!

I know what you mean about the grass....we bought turf for the Boys' gardens last summer....all that's left now is the bare earth! But they do enjoy digging in it :lol:

When we first made the run we just sewed grass seeds and they grew but then we let the bunnies onto the grass and wow it was eaten so quickly! Along with all the wet weather it couldn't really survive. So now all the grass has completely died :)cry:R.I.P.) I decided it wasn't very nice the bunnies just having mud to run around on, so I got my dad on the job of putting more slabs in. This way there is also more space for their tunnels without them getting muddy and it's much easier to sweep up.

You can kind of see in this picture what it was like before, with a few slabs.
-
WalnutsPalace-PicsForPaula002-1.jpg

And now, with more slabs:) There is also another smallish slab just outside the cat flap on the side of the shed you can't see)
DSC09605.jpg

DSC09603.jpg

As you can see there is still quite a bit of bare muddy ground, so me and my mum decided to give up on growing the grass and just go out and buy some turf:lol: So hopefully they will have some nice nommy grass soon!

it looks great and soo spacious :love:

That's fantastic! x

Thank you:D

Looks great!

I know what you mean about the grass....we bought turf for the Boys' gardens last summer....all that's left now is the bare earth! But they do enjoy digging in it :lol:

:lol: It's not very nice when just all muddy though, but they don't seem to mind:roll::lol:

it looks great and soo spacious :love:

Looks great - and their set up is fab! :D

I love it too:p It's great for spending lots of time out there:love:

That is a great setup!! Lots of space :love:

You have very lucky bunnies :D & Goodluck with the turf :lol:

your set up looks great, especially with the slabs :thumb:

We had the same problem when we did our set up so we filled it with bark chippings. It doesn't get muddy when it's wet but they still have fun digging in it. Works out a lot cheaper than returfing every time the ******* eat it all :)

Love it! If I had anything other than slabs it would all turn into mushy poo! Oh the joys of having un-litter trained buns! :roll::lol:

your set up looks great, especially with the slabs :thumb:

We had the same problem when we did our set up so we filled it with bark chippings. It doesn't get muddy when it's wet but they still have fun digging in it. Works out a lot cheaper than returfing every time the ******* eat it all :)

Oh darn it, there used to bark were their run is now, but we removed it all, if only I'd thought about leaving it there before!! Typical!:roll::lol:

Love it! If I had anything other than slabs it would all turn into mushy poo! Oh the joys of having un-litter trained buns! :roll::lol:

:lol: Mine are quite good with their litter trays, but I still do a big sweep up of the run about every month just to stop the poos just going all mushy and urgh!:lol:

Back