• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Your ideal rabbit set-up?

Bunni_xx

Mama Doe
What is your ideal rabbit set-up if you had all the money/space in the world?

I would love my buns to have an annexe with my house. A bedroom and bathroom etc. Maybe thats just me being crazy though ;)

Bunny Babe has an amazing kennel set up complete with heaters and free range time I would very happily have that

I would love to have house buns one day, but still make sure they live a natural bunny life, with lots of room and a toilet area, feeding area, soft bed area and a massive area filled with fresh hay that is changed daily :love: And to have a garden where they and me can go out that is fully bunnyproof :love: :)

Id have a massive aviary (prehaps 20x20ft) with a kennel or shed attached (8x6 maybe) and before they are allowed in I'd sow medow seeds and let them grow to atleast 1ft tall and I would also plant bunny friendly bushes and plants that they can go to town on :love:

I think a double-roomed garden shed with insulation and gentle under-floor heating/air conditioning and windows that can be opened, with it's own 20 foot square garden full of harmless plants, no thorns and no danger of foxes or cats so that the bunnies can be out allll the time - that would be nice :)

Also some kind of cover over the garden so the bunnies don't get wet ;)

Id have a massive aviary (prehaps 20x20ft) with a kennel or shed attached (8x6 maybe) and before they are allowed in I'd sow medow seeds and let them grow to atleast 1ft tall and I would also plant bunny friendly bushes and plants that they can go to town on :love:

That would be amazing!

If I won the lotto, I would like a purpose built annex for my buns, just a nice big airy space with lots of natural light and a huge outdoor safe area so they could be free to run, hide, play.

I would also like a nice safe huge area for my dogs to run freely, a modest house for us.

I would put enough in a bank to live on and the rest would go to good causes as I do not want to be rich.

A run in the garden, so Oscar can run around on the grass as well as in the house. Also a dedicated rabbit room, where he can have all his stuff in his space with lots of toys and things to climb on/play with :)

I once saw a picture of someone who had converted a horse barn into a place for their rabbits, they all had their own 'stalls' like this...

12%20x%2012%20rubber%20matted%20stalls.jpg

Although they were a bit smaller and there were no metal bars so you could just lean over the wooden walls and see them.

I'd love something like this, with cat flaps going to runs behind the barn :love: I can dream can't I :lol:

Oh and if anyone has the picture please can you send me the link

I'm not really sure it can get any better for them

They have a big storage box full of hay for a litter tray, then it's full free range of the house with too many toys.

I don't think any sort of out door set up or dog crate and pen could beat what they've got for space, comfort, safety etc now

I'm pretty happy with mine too. They've got their own room and it's only a 2 bedder. :lol:

If I had a group I'd love them outside in a big shed & run, right next to my patio doors so I could just walk in there from the house.

mine are ok for now, but as i have a dream of my own ideal set up (for me) it naturally includes them. their special area would be a long room with plenty of running space and access to a very secure aviary so they could be in or out at will. they'd also have access to my bedroom.

errrm... the world ;) :lol:

No realistically

the biggest aviary with shed I could find :D then at least I wouldn't have people having a go at me if my bunny set-up wasn't perfect. :roll: (sorry, in a bad mood today :oops: :lol: )

Last edited:
Bunny Babe has an amazing kennel set up complete with heaters and free range time I would very happily have that

:oops: Thank you Kath. I do spend a lot more time in there with them now and am so glad I got it .

It is not how I envisaged it though as I can't get the 3 together so have to have the divider in there. I actually don't think it is as "snug" as the wendy house in the winter though.;)

I must upload the photos off my phone when I find the lead.

ETA - found some old photos. It now has a perspex bottom on the run part with a flap on the top half that we can open up (these can be taken off easily in the summer.
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=243090&highlight=chalet&page=3

Last edited:
Back