• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone else got a bunny with too much energy?

BexPets

Warren Scout
Too much energy, for Fidget, is an understatement.
I've never seen, or met, or heard of any rabbit like him.

Since he was a baby you could always tell which one was him from the litter. The others, from 10 days, would always be gentle and slow. Fidget would always find a different way to be gentle and slow - usually by being neither. As he grew up he was always the bunny who went further than the others, who learnt to jump and skip first, who would be in the tunnels or the boxes or whatever else was in his run before the other bunnies even had the courage to move away from the group and start exploring.
As he grew, he only got worse! When the other bunnies snuggled up and slept on my lap as youngsters, he would always be awake and moving, or even stretching out in his sleep and kicking another bunny in the face. When the others wanted to be held and would sit quietly and dead-still, Fidget would always... fidget. He always seemed to be one step ahead of all the others, and he could never stop moving.
As he got bigger and stronger, so did his hatred for being held. Unable to see the benefit in staying still, he will wriggle and squirm and eventually jump out of my arms.
Although he's lovely in other ways. When running around in a pen, or free range in the garden, as soon as I come and sit down he will run towards me and hop onto my lap, often sitting up and nuzzling my cheek and chin intently. He puts aside everything else he's doing to come and jump on my lap. Nothing interests him for long, though. He's always finding new things to do, and changing his mind.

So far no-one's invented a hutch or run that satisfies him for more than a day. When anyone goes past his hutch he goes completely beserk: jumping up and scrabbling at the bars madly.
I don't know whether he's got ADHD or what, but he's unlike any rabbit I know.

I love him, of course. But he's going to a home where someone can give him all the attention he needs and constant free running around the garden.

Fidget as a youngster: always been difficult to get a still picture of him.
NibletandMitten-2.jpg

Ahh, I guess you are rehoming? I don't blame you, I couldn't cope with an ADHD bun :lol:. I am sorry you have had to though. Are the people friendly? Maybe you could visit him :wave:

Even my vet has said that Blackberry has ADHD :lol:

he is the most inquisitive bun - and jumps onto anything, and climbs up the mesh of the aviary to see what's going on! Thankfully he has settled into a routine where he does zonk out now for snuggle time with Buttercup in the middle of the day.

He wouldn't cope in a regular hutch - he has lots to explore and climb on in the aviary.

Fidget looks so cute :love: I hope he enjoys his new home :)

The people have a nice garden, and a lovely hutch. I'm hoping to visit him often.
Aww he'd really love an avairy lol x

We're still keeping the majority of our rabbits, but Fidget is one of the 7 going to new homes (the most unique, undoubtably, though.)

Our Frankie is the one we call our ADHD bunny. She'll literally sit still for 2 seconds before running off again. I've never had a bunny like her!!

At the moment she's sad though as her she had to be seperated from her sister due to hormones. The only time she's ever been that still and sad was when she was critically ill :( As much as she was a handful before, I want my happy hyper bunny back! :lol:

Our Frankie is the one we call our ADHD bunny. She'll literally sit still for 2 seconds before running off again. I've never had a bunny like her!!

At the moment she's sad though as her she had to be seperated from her sister due to hormones. The only time she's ever been that still and sad was when she was critically ill :( As much as she was a handful before, I want my happy hyper bunny back! :lol:

Aww, I hope she feels better x you could get her a neutered male to be friends with ?

Fidget's brother's called Frankie :)

Last edited:
I think my bun Patch has ADHD... he never stops!!
When he lays down it is only for 30 seconds then he is back up running around and binkying and causing mayhem basically!!

Back