• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Honest opinions on this for a rabbit set up

loppy ears

Warren Veteran
I have this on order, however I have asked for a solid end and door, solid on one side, a smaller hole, and window on the kennel part. I am going to use some smaller sized mesh and mesh it on the inside of the run, so there will be two layers of mesh, the gaps along the bottom of the run are to allow the run to be washed out and I am going to attach some wood to block off the gaps, which can be removed for cleaning.

So please give honest opinions about whether this is going to be suitable as a set up.

http://www.ukgardenbuildings.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=34

I love my kennel/run I feel much happier when I have to leave them in on horrible days as they have so much covered space compared to my old hutch/run as the run wasn't covered.

I think it'll be fab - lucky bunnies. :D

I was going to suggest that it would need some weather-proofing because otherwise the wind would blow right through the sides, but I see that you're having an enclosed side and end. :thumb:

I have been saving for a long time :)

But if I win the lotto I would send a couple down for your boys.

And I'll do the same for you if I win!

Took me ages to save for the aviary panels, and we built it bit by bit until we finally had the roof on and could move the hutches in there. But it's always nice to be planning an upgrade!

:love::love: that looks amazing, lucky bunnies. I'm thinking of getting something like that when we can afford to buy a house with a garden for the 5 to go outside (bigger though obv as there's 5 of them!)

And I'll do the same for you if I win!

Took me ages to save for the aviary panels, and we built it bit by bit until we finally had the roof on and could move the hutches in there. But it's always nice to be planning an upgrade!

I love your set up, along with others on this forum it inspired me to want something like a kennel set up for mine.

i have one of those ..or very very similar .. it gets used here as an all weather run area for the rescues ...

i love it ..best thing ive bought . :D

Looks brilliant. :wave: xx

I sometimes wish I'd gone for a kennel type set-up instead of our current one but it seemed to get too complicated because I wanted different depths for the kennel bit and the run bit.

Your bunnies will love that! :D

What's the difference between a kennel set up and an aviary? Sorry if that's the dimmest question ever! :oops:

Back