• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The hutch I won is set up ! *pic heavy*

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlotteMc

Mama Doe
Here is the pictures of my new hutch I won , my dad set it up earlier !
PICT0028.jpg

PICT0041.jpg

PICT0039.jpg

PICT0038.jpg

PICT0037.jpg

PICT0036.jpg

PICT0034.jpg

PICT0033.jpg

PICT0032.jpg

PICT0031.jpg

PICT0030.jpg

PICT0029.jpg

PICT0026.jpg

PICT0025.jpg

PICT0022.jpg

PICT0021.jpg

PICT0020-1.jpg

PICT0019-1.jpg

PICT0018-1.jpg

PICT0042.jpg

Can I ask is this a hutch or part of one of the run systems that is available?

Do you mind me asking what size it is as it is difficult to tell.

Can I ask is this a hutch or part of one of the run systems that is available?

Do you mind me asking what size it is as it is difficult to tell.

This is just the hutch I wil be using a tunnel to attatch the hutch to the run once I have money to buy the parts :) and the hutch is approx 6ft ( 175 cm) X 3ft :D ( this doesnt incluse the top section)

Looks great:) Love the pic of Penny in the bedroom bit, and Russel peeping through the hole above :lol:

This is just the hutch I wil be using a tunnel to attatch the hutch to the run once I have money to buy the parts :) and the hutch is approx 6ft ( 175 cm) X 3ft :D ( this doesnt incluse the top section)

When you say 6 x 3 foot are you measuring length and depth or length and height. What is the bit you have not measured and how big is that?

My honest opinion is that it isn't big enough. :? The "hutch" part is only 3ftx3ft...as is the run. It's great that you're going to add a larger run onto it, but the enclosed space really isn't the recommended size for two buns

My honest opinion is that it isn't big enough. :? The "hutch" part is only 3ftx3ft...as is the run. It's great that you're going to add a larger run onto it, but the enclosed space really isn't the recommended size for two buns

Sorry but I think it needs to be bigger too. It does look fab though I love the pink roof. What is it made of?

There are mixed views but something like megazorb might be better for your buns health than megazorb.

I am sorry but I do not think it can actually be called a hutch due to its small size. The height in the bed area is also too small. It would work ok if it had an attatched large run and an attatched hutch which was a minimum of 6 x 2 feet, making this as part of the run system.

I do have some of the tubes from the runaround at home in use with rabbits and these work well attatched to a hutch with attatched run or a shed or wendy house.

I think the sheltered part is fine. Most hutches only have 2ft x 2ft and this one is bigger than that. The open area of the hutch is sheltered on top too so I bet they won't even spend that much time in the sheltered bit.

I do think it needs a run, so I'm glad you're already making plans for that :)

I think the sheltered part is fine. Most hutches only have 2ft x 2ft and this one is bigger than that. The open area of the hutch is sheltered on top too so I bet they won't even spend that much time in the sheltered bit.

I do think it needs a run, so I'm glad you're already making plans for that :)

Thanks , I deffinatley think this hutch is better than normal hutches too. Its perfect for my buunies aswell as they love to be outdoors and not in the hutch :D

I think the sheltered part is fine. Most hutches only have 2ft x 2ft and this one is bigger than that.

But the other part of it doesn't have sides and a floor - you can even see from the photo that where it has been raining a bit that the floor is wet on the open side, so that means that whenever it's bad weather, in order to stay dry, the buns would only be able to sit in the dark box part. In a 'normal' hutch they would also have access to the open part and still stay dry because it has a raised floor and is protected on all sides apart from the front. At the moment, it's really a 3ft hutch with a 3ft run attached :?

I think it's a lovely idea and you have done really well to design it and win the competition - but I'm afraid I do think that to be a practical, decent sized all-weather hutch, the open part needs a floor and sides/back added. Then when you have saved up and added the run, it would be much more suitable as a fully enclosed space :)

Last edited:
But the other part of it doesn't have sides and a floor - you can even see from the photo that where it has been raining a bit that the floor is wet on the open side, so that means that whenever it's bad weather, in order to stay dry, the buns would only be able to sit in the dark box part. In a 'normal' hutch they would also have access to the open part and still stay dry because it has a raised floor and is protected on all sides apart from the front.

I think it's a lovely idea and you have done really well to design it and win the competition - but I'm afraid I do think that to be a practical, decent sized all-weather hutch, the open part needs a floor and sides/back added. Then when you have saved up and added the run, it would be much more suitable as a fully enclosed space :)

Thanks I love to design too. But the floor was already wet when I put the hutch on it earlier, so thats why the floor is wet ! This hutch has only been up for only 2 hours .

I think it looks great!:D
Its a fine size, the roof covers the whole thing and there is a fence at the back providing wind shelter. Love how they have a wee ledge to jump on :) Im sure Penny and Russel are really enjoying it.

But the other part of it doesn't have sides and a floor - you can even see from the photo that where it has been raining a bit that the floor is wet on the open side, so that means that whenever it's bad weather, in order to stay dry, the buns would only be able to sit in the dark box part. In a 'normal' hutch they would also have access to the open part and still stay dry because it has a raised floor and is protected on all sides apart from the front. At the moment, it's really a 3ft hutch with a 3ft run attached :?

the floor would have ben already wet her dad has just put it up today !! ;)
i have seen this hutch at the show at the weekend and the pictures dont show it at its best it is bigger than it looks honest
i love the design too infact i liked both of them which were at the show they are brilliant designs
and once charlotte has it fully set up with new run it will be perfect :D

But the floor was already wet when I put the hutch on it earlier, so thats why the floor is wet ! This hutch has only been up for only 2 hours .

Even if that is the case, I'm afraid it's pretty obvious that when it rains, surfaces get wet, because water drains, runs and moves about on surfaces. It's exacerbated especially because the hole in the top is so near to the front that any 'sideways' rain driven in by wind will not only make the floor wet, but it will also get right inside the indoor part. That means that there will be absolutely nowhere warm and dry for the bunnies.

I'm really sorry, I want to like it and I'm really pleased that you won something free by winning a competition, but ultimately it simply doesn't have enough properly, fully sheltered space to be a comfortable all-year-round hutch, IMO :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back