• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Make Mine Chocolate Poetry Competition- *NOW CLOSED*

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
In order to raise some funds to support the ongoing work of the Make Mine Chocolate Campaign

http://www.makeminechocolate.org.uk/

I am running a Poetry Competition :D You are invited to submit a poem under the title 'Not Just a Rabbit'. It is up to you as to the style of Poem.

Entries are to be submitted to me via PM. Entry Fee is £5.00 and this can be donated via PayPal to hoppit@london.com

Five Poems will be selected from all entries and these will be put forward (anonymously) to RU for members to select the overall winner. The winner will receive a mystery Bunny themed prize to the value of £15.00. The Poem will also be included in the MMC website and the October edition of Bunny Mad Magazine.

The Poetry Competition will run throughout all of March 2011. Closing date for entries is midnight on 31st March 2011.

So all you RU Poets, have a go and help support the hard work of all those involved in the Make Mine Chocolate Campaign

:wave:

Last edited:
Is it £5 per poem entry.... so if I did 2, I would have to pay £10? Or per entry as in up to so many poems? Just checking, as so many people do it differently! :wave:

Thank you Jane.

I've crossposted on the MMC Facebook page and also on The Bunny Mad Magazine Facebook page.

I hope your wonderful idea to raise awareness and funds is a massive success.

I can't do poetry, but could donate a prize if needed?
It would be bunny themed......possibly a bunny / tortoise ornament that LOADS of folk seem to be liking just now :)

What a wonderful idea. I don't have paypal Jane. Could I transfer money directly by bank transfer (which is what I usually do for internet purchases) or send a cheque?

Are there any restrictions as to length ie can it be just a short and to the point poem or a long poem or anything we want?

I have been feeling really low this week and this has cheered me up. It will give me something constructive to do when I am bonding buns over the next few days:)

What a wonderful idea. I don't have paypal Jane. Could I transfer money directly by bank transfer (which is what I usually do for internet purchases) or send a cheque?

Are there any restrictions as to length ie can it be just a short and to the point poem or a long poem or anything we want?

I have been feeling really low this week and this has cheered me up. It will give me something constructive to do when I am bonding buns over the next few days:)

A cheque will be fine, just PM me for details :)

As to the Poem, there are no specifications except that it is to be entitled 'Not Just a Rabbit' .

I hope that you will feel better soon xx

:wave:

I'm working on a poem :wave:

I don't usually have time to sit and write poems, but this title has inspired me. Plus it's for an excellent cause :D

I wouldn;t know where to start with a poem, but if you are thinking of printing the entries as little books and selling them to raise extra funds I would buy one :D

Back