• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hutch help

unalakey

Mama Doe
Would a 6ft x 3ft hutch be big enough for my four girlie pigs to live in as temp accomadation for a couple of days?? Their playhouse needs abit of DIY as it has been leaking, has a hole in the floor and i have seen signs of mice:? Its gonna take a couple of days before my hubby can fix it though has he his working all weekend, the hutch has a hutch cover and i feel is more cosier and safer under the circumstances.Thanks:)

I'm not sure sorry but if it is only temporary I think it should be ok. The brown and white piggy in your signiture looks just like my Billie! :) I hope your playhouse gets sorted soon x

Sounds like good sized accomodation to me.

6 x 3 foot makes a total of 18 square feet.

The reason I am saying this is the RSPCA's reccomendation for 2 piggies is 4 x 2 which is 8 square feet, therefore 12 square feet is good for 4 piggies.

I reckon that'd be fine! Even better with a run attached, but if it's just tempory I don't see a problem, particually if you scatter feed and they have toys in there.

Thanks everyone, ive just moved them now, they seem happy enough and have enough room, They dont really play with toys (they are old ladies, 7yrs old) but i have scattered some herbs about and they are squeaking to each other:D

Wow, that is wonderful that your piggies are so old :) My guy is 5 and a half and is doing really well. I hope he will make it to 7 years and beyond. :D

Back