• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hes got worse again help.

shadow05

Mama Doe
right this rabbit is doing my head in he wont stop chewing the bloody bars in a morning ive tried doing things to keep him busy but doesnt seem to work this rabbit has become really needy. he wants my attention all the time and he will stop at nothing to get it. including depriving me of sleep which isnt a really good idea. hell not live until 2 if he carries on.

(just so every one knows im not really going to kill him but i definately feel like it) im really tired now.

Last edited:
Your bunny's name is Scooter right?:)

Scooter is a bunny who obviously doesn't like being caged. You've started a lot of threads that he's a little bit destructive in his pen? Maybe it's because he just hates being penned up. Have you thought about bunny proofing your room and having him free range?:wave:

Also, it sounds like he's attention seeking because he wants company. Are you thinking of getting another rabbit friend for him?

Please don't joke about killing your bunny:lol:

Scooter is a bunny who obviously doesn't like being caged. You've started a lot of threads that he's a little bit destructive in his pen? Maybe it's because he just hates being penned up. Have you thought about bunny proofing your room and having him free range?:wave:

i have but its more dangerous to him especially at the moment, to many things that he can get a hold off and my brothers cant shut a door at all. i know hes just being a rabbit and that hes sick of being caged up but doesnt stop me from getting annoyed. i hope it will calm down soon. im changing his pen today for a bigger one. the cage hes in now is 4.5ft in length and 2.10ft in width and the one im making will be about 8ft and 5ft long. then later on when i can get rid of some furniture it will become 11ft by 5ft. but if his behaviour changes and i can trust him more he will have full rein of the room.

i have but its more dangerous to him especially at the moment, to many things that he can get a hold off and my brothers cant shut a door at all. i know hes just being a rabbit and that hes sick of being caged up but doesnt stop me from getting annoyed. i hope it will calm down soon. im changing his pen today for a bigger one. the cage hes in now is 4.5ft in length and 2.10ft in width and the one im making will be about 8ft and 5ft long. then later on when i can get rid of some furniture it will become 11ft by 5ft. but if his behaviour changes and i can trust him more he will have full rein of the room.

Sounds great..:)

Honestly i think if you have tge space and money a companion bun for him would work wonders. Hes obviously bored and in need of company :wave:

Also, it sounds like he's attention seeking because he wants company. Are you thinking of getting another rabbit friend for him?

Please don't joke about killing your bunny:lol:

okay srry but before i got him neutered i use to joke about it all the time. i would never harm an animal in any way. i thought he was attention seeking too i try to spend as much time with him as possible but because of collage and other things not been able to spend that much time this week. when ive finished with his cage ill have a sit down and play with him for a couple of hours before bed then he might leave me alone then.

i am thinking about getting him a friend but the decision is down to my mom, ive told her i want get him one just not yet i want to save some money together because ill probs end up wanting to make a different pen for them. and ive decided to adopt a rescue bunny but i want a baby one not to yound and not to old around the 2 month old mark so that it will bond with me first while its little and slowly ill introduce to scooter. i did want to get a lion head because ive beeen told by bfs mother that if i get one and it doesnt turn out she wants it because she is obsessed with them lol. that bunny would get so spoiled lol.

Louie is completely free range and I just found him chewing the bottom stair :shock:

Sometimes, they just chew :roll:

Honestly i think if you have tge space and money a companion bun for him would work wonders. Hes obviously bored and in need of company :wave:

cant get one just yet still got to wiat only had him done about the 28th. im going to wiat a bit longer with him i want it to work out well for him and hopefully the first time around. but i know thats never a grantee.

Louie is completely free range and I just found him chewing the bottom stair :shock:

Sometimes, they just chew :roll:

i know but if i was to have him free ranged and him destroy something i dont think id be able to keep my mom off him lol she already annoyed because hes destoyed her carpet a bit lol nothing really bad its just a huge pee stain which i said to her well its ur own fault u should have cut the lino up for me and then we wouldnt be having this convo, i also said some vinger on it will take it off but cant remeber which type it is lol

i know but if i was to have him free ranged and him destroy something i dont think id be able to keep my mom off him lol she already annoyed because hes destoyed her carpet a bit lol nothing really bad its just a huge pee stain which i said to her well its ur own fault u should have cut the lino up for me and then we wouldnt be having this convo, i also said some vinger on it will take it off but cant remeber which type it is lol

Oh I wasn't saying you should have him freerange, just making the point that even if they ARE it doesn't mean they wont chew, it's not just being confined in a cage that makes them want to exercise their jaws! :D

Your Rabbit is bored, unhappy and frustrated.

He needs more space and mental stimulation. I hope that this can take place ASAP. It is not HIS fault that he is behaving like an unhappy Rabbit.

When I had Rimmi on his own, he was a pain in my bum, he always wanted attention, even when free range! He used to dig, grunt and even nip :?

Now he has a gf..... He still digs me and follows me around sometimes, but the 'pain in the bum'ness is deffo less!! :p

The worst thing they do now is binky on the bed and dig my feet at 630am - on a weekend!!! :lol:

Oh I wasn't saying you should have him freerange, just making the point that even if they ARE it doesn't mean they wont chew, it's not just being confined in a cage that makes them want to exercise their jaws! :D

oh right i get wat u mean srry lol but i have not way to stop him apart from pairs i think ill continue to keep him in a cage and very slowly extended. while i get around to bunny profing and give him a go and see wat he does.

oh right i get wat u mean srry lol but i have not way to stop him apart from pairs i think ill continue to keep him in a cage and very slowly extended. while i get around to bunny profing and give him a go and see wat he does.

Where does he live at the moment?

Your Rabbit is bored, unhappy and frustrated.

He needs more space and mental stimulation. I hope that this can take place ASAP. It is not HIS fault that he is behaving like an unhappy Rabbit.

i am trying everything i can to make him happy, but i am running out of toys to make and games for him to play.

ive been trying to think of toys that hang cause he loves these he chase it around in a circle and then gets excited and runs off. but for the life of me i cant think of anything.

hopefully his new home that i am making him today will change him for a while make him quite while i think of more toys and stuff.

When I had Rimmi on his own, he was a pain in my bum, he always wanted attention, even when free range! He used to dig, grunt and even nip :?

Now he has a gf..... He still digs me and follows me around sometimes, but the 'pain in the bum'ness is deffo less!! :p

The worst thing they do now is binky on the bed and dig my feet at 630am - on a weekend!!! :lol:

i dont know why but scooter starts digging at about 6.30 to and wont let me get back to sleep. im hoping when i do get him a friend he wont be picky and just except it, i also hope that he is less destructive.

Where does he live at the moment?

he lives in my bedroom with me as i cant put him anywhere else. i did use to wear ear plugs at bed time but i dont now i get to worried about him cause i dont know if hes getting himself into trouble or not. not worn any since he get the snip.

i am trying everything i can to make him happy, but i am running out of toys to make and games for him to play.

ive been trying to think of toys that hang cause he loves these he chase it around in a circle and then gets excited and runs off. but for the life of me i cant think of anything.

hopefully his new home that i am making him today will change him for a while make him quite while i think of more toys and stuff.

Look at my set up- Ive made a few hanging ones. Check out my thread. Also - a wilko hanging bird mirror is one of my guys faves! :)

he lives in my bedroom with me as i cant put him anywhere else. i did use to wear ear plugs at bed time but i dont now i get to worried about him cause i dont know if hes getting himself into trouble or not. not worn any since he get the snip.

Is he in a cage all the time? If so, how big is it?

Back