• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Found a rabbit UD looks like he has a home

littlespoon

Young Bun
Was out dog walking with a friend last night we saw a rabbit in the middle of a housing estate. We manged to get hold of him and he came back home with me. He's currently in a spare hutch and he seems fine, he's been neutered, his claws are a reasonable length and his eyes nose and mouth all look ok. He's a fairly large lop.

I'm going to put posters up but thought I'd post here too, we found him in Orton Goldhay in Peterborough. If he's yours or you know someone who lives here who has lost a bun please let me know.

Last edited:
Make sure when your doing posters to ask them to kind of prove its theirs :( you don't want to end up giving the bun to someone random who could hurt him.

Well done for rescuing him. It's better to put notices up saying that you've found a rabbit and then let people contact you with a description - even photographs to prove that he's theirs. :wave:

Defo put up posters and try local vets/police/pet shops/rspca

Maybe the rabbits hutch door blew open with the wind?

I'd definitely not give him back if I didnt trust the person who claimed to own him.

I'm starting to worry that he hasn't escaped on his own, after some very good advice I phoned every vet in the area and the closest shelters and no one's reported him missing :(

Posters are going up this evening when I've escaped from work and he's going to the vets tomorrow to be scanned for a chip. I really hope someone claims him, he's such a pretty and confident boy.

Well done for taking him in, many people would have just walked straight past him, luckily he found you :love:
Good luck on finding his home
x

UD

The boyfriend has just gotten home from work and was accosted by some people asking if he'd seen a rabbit. Looks like I won't get to say goodbye :cry:

Really pleased that he hadnt been let out as a stray though.

ETA

Just sent him a fairly desperate sounding text asking him to keep the bunny if they seem irresponsible but they are apparently getting a lecture on rabbit care. I love that man!

Last edited:
The boyfriend has just gotten home from work and was accosted by some people asking if he'd seen a rabbit. Looks like I won't get to say goodbye :cry:

Really pleased that he hadnt been let out as a stray though.

ETA

Just sent him a fairly desperate sounding text asking him to keep the bunny if they seem irresponsible but they are apparently getting a lecture on rabbit care. I love that man!

get their details and give yours in case they actually don't really want him ALSO DO NOT GIVE BACK unless they can PROVE he is theirs (ask for a vets prrof - if they don't have it then they don't vacc etc)

I'd definitely not give him back if I didnt trust the person who claimed to own him.

I'm starting to worry that he hasn't escaped on his own, after some very good advice I phoned every vet in the area and the closest shelters and no one's reported him missing :(

Posters are going up this evening when I've escaped from work and he's going to the vets tomorrow to be scanned for a chip. I really hope someone claims him, he's such a pretty and confident boy.

It sounds like he's well looked after then especially if he's neutered.

The boyfriend has just gotten home from work and was accosted by some people asking if he'd seen a rabbit.

Well at least they were out looking for him so I guess the fact that he's neutered and his owners were looking is a good sign that he is their bunny and he is at least reasonably well looked after - and hopefully after this they'll make sure that he doesn't have opportunity to escape again!

get their details and give yours in case they actually don't really want him ALSO DO NOT GIVE BACK unless they can PROVE he is theirs (ask for a vets prrof - if they don't have it then they don't vacc etc)

I'm at work today so wasn't actually there when they asked but he's already given the bun back. OH let the owners describe him and they were pretty accurate so he was happy to let them have him back. I think he was swayed by how distraught Bunny's mum was, OH said she was in tears.

They only live round the corner so I'll be having a sneaky look over their fence tonight to make sure he's ok. I'm just glad he wasn't let loose because someone got bored.

ETA

I'm never going to get the hang of replying completely. They were nailing the back gate closed when he dropped bunny off, it blew open with this ridiculous wind.

Back