• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vaccine offer for Rabbits in Liverpool - Might be of interest?

Neville

Young Bun
Hi,

Just thought I would share this link to you as Liverpool Vets4Pets are doing an offer at the moment for a discount on rabbit vaccines due to a recent outbreak in VHD.

The February Offer is - VHD vacc only £18 : 20% off !!
Due to the recent VHD outbreak in the UK we are offering a 20% discount during Feb to encourage vaccination in rabbits against this fatal disease.
If your rabbit has the Myxo vaccination 2 weeks later we will give a 10% discount for that too.

You can visit their facebook page here

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Liver...es/Liverpool-Vets4Pets/172619316088123?v=wall

If you look at their wall post on Wednesday 2nd February you will see this offer.

If you havent got facebook their website is here

http://www.vets.co.uk/practice.asp?dbid=74

Megan the vet is listed on the Rabbit Welfare Associations list of Rabbit Savvy Vets and she has a great interest in them. And the nurses and receptionists are really nice too.

Hope this might be of some you to some Liverpool (or local) people.

Sharron xx

I don't know if I'm right but, I thought I'd read on here about someone having a bad experience with this chain of vets? I'm not sure but, it rings a bell with me :?

:)
I don't know if I'm right but, I thought I'd read on here about someone having a bad experience with this chain of vets? I'm not sure but, it rings a bell with me :?

Megan who owns the practise, runs it with Rachel the head nurse, and Heather the receptionist and I know these 3 personally, there are other staff but I dont know them that well.

Although its a vets4pets - she has complete control over it and is not in a chain as such. I think it would probably be classed as a franchise - but I can find out for you if you would like me to.

Megan has been a vet for many a years, and as long as I have known her (which is a long time :oops:), she has always had an interest in Rabbits, a long time even before I got my Neville.

As I say she is listed on the Rabbit Welfare Association of Rabbit Savvy Vets in the UK so she must be doing something right

I for one will be taking Neville there to lose his man bits very soon and getting the vaccinations.

I would trust her with any of my animals. So wouldnt have posted it on here if I didnt.

I hope that it can be of interest or use to even a couple of people!

If there is anything you want to know or me to ask the girls just let me know.

S xx

Last edited:
Megan who owns the practise, runs it with Rachel the head nurse, and Heather the receptionist.

Although its a vets4pets - she has complete control over it and is not in a chain as such. I think it would probably be classed as a franchise - but I can find out for you if you would like me to.

Megan has been a vet for many a years, and as long as I have known her which is a long time, she has always had an interest in Rabbits, even before I got my Neville.

As I say she is listed on the Rabbit Welfare Association of Rabbit Savvy Vets in the UK.

I for one will be taking Neville their to lose his man bits very soon and getting the vaccinations.

I would trust her with any of my animals. So wouldnt have posted it on here if I didnt.

I hope that it can be of interest or use to even a couple of people!

If there is anything you want to know or me to ask the girls just let me know.

S xx

:wave: Not necessary for me thanks I'm in Hampshire I was just trying to recall if that was the vets someone posted about sometime ago, it may have been in another area or something I really don't know. I'm sure it'll come back to me, either way if you are recommending them as a good exotics vet that is good, if they aren't they will soon be rumbled :lol:

I worked in a vets for 9 years and there aren't many vets I would trust my animals with or would put my name to!!

Megan I would and would recommend. Along with Pete my vet in Chester who has saved my dog's life more than once!!

Everyone can make their own minds up, but if it can save someone some pennies and possibly the rabbits life then it has to be worth a post!!

Hope it helps. Oh and nice to know you are looking out for others too, it's a great site this, but it's also to blame for a very spoilt French Lop boy lol !!

S xx

i know there was an undercover documentary on them, doing things like swinging cats round and hitting dogs and such, untrained vet nurses doing procedures they shouldn't......

its good that they are offering a discount on vaccs though

As the OP has said, Vets4Pets is a franchise system. I also use V4P (Dudley) and am more than happy with my vet, the nurses and support team. I trust them implicitly with all 7 of my buns - 2 of whom are quite poorly but are
maintaining good quality of life thanks to a wonderfully caring, open-minded and savvy vet. A vet practice is only as good as the vet in it, regardless of the practice "name". You can't and shouldn't "tar" everyone with the same brush! [and if you're referring to the Panorama programme then it was Medivet not V4P].

Last edited:
My lot are due shortly but I think one of our local vets is less than this anyway (or was last year). Always good to know of other good bunny vets, thank you for the recommendation.:D

As the OP has said, Vets4Pets is a franchise system. I also use V4P (Dudley) and am more than happy with my vet, the nurses and support team. I trust them implicitly with all 7 of my buns - 2 of whom are quite poorly but are
maintaining good quality of life thanks to a wonderfully caring, open-minded and savvy vet. A vet practice is only as good as the vet in it, regardless of the practice "name". You can't and shouldn't "tar" everyone with the same brush! [and if you're referring to the Panorama programme then it was Medivet not V4P].

ah thats right, i knew it was a franchise one :oops:

Back