• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

omg another seizure as i was typing..poor bertie

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
i was posting on chat about a new tv series when i was watching bertie have a wahs...i was thinking i was just paranoid as hed been withdrawn and aggressive to bluebell..but then cuddled with her.....sign of impending fit...i get aggressive and abrupt too then cry for hours afterwards:oops:

he was laying on his side..head turned to wash his hip..and off he went...he ended up on his back whilst still seizing:cry:

he came out of very quickly...much shorter fit than the previous one....and the confused licking afterwards.
i sat talking to him in soothing tones and as he became more alert i sroked him and he purred a little so i lay down on the floor and cradled his head and stroked his cheek one side and kissed he other..he purred like crazy.then i was just rubbing his cheek and talking to him..suddenly he moved and i thought he was going to bite me..i flnched and went to draw back and he pressed into me and lcked the inside of my thumb joint to my wrist..and i told him i loved him to and kissed his head and his shoulder....and gave him a hug.

he then shook himself and tried to get comfy and lay back down near my settee and then bluebell came out of hiding in the litter tray and just settled near him..hes having a wash sitting up and im scared now....

oh hes just lolloped off to the other end of the lounge and is chucking rubbish around..well my bag of recyling:lol:

i need a stiff drink!! had an instant cappucino..dont want to sleep through anymore seizures..instead itll be having one at this rate!!

now hes in his litter tray looking busy..hes washing his hind leg..his thigh..oh gods please dont go again bertie:(..no hes back..finally lay down...hopefully hell sleep the after effects off.

ok somethings deffo up if each time he gets over excited or washes himself on his side.....or turns to bite merlin in the middle of a cuddle on the settee...i reckon its got to be low oxygentation...anoxic seizures.......

Poor Bertie :cry:
I have no experience of seizures ... not much help really, sorry :roll
But will be thinking of you both & praying no more seizures.

Thank you xx

our vet rang me this morning to tell me that berties EC tst came back...its negative.:shock:

so i told her about last nights fit and she says putting him on the meds for fits is the next step but shed rather give him a week or so to see if he has another one and to film it...

dont get me wrong..i like our vet..but this is the same sh*t i get from my neurologist whos discharged me from his care as i see the mental health team:shock:

i guess i need to do more research!!

mind you she is waiting for richard saunders to ring her back with his experience and advice.

Hi - no advice I'm afraid but I can imagine how upsetting it would be to witness this. Just posting really to say am thinking of you and am sending tons of vibes for Bertie - and hugs for you xx

thank you..its more distressing to watch as i am epileptic myself and know how bad he will feel coming to after.

its awful to watch..theres nothing i can do to make him stop..or make him comfy..he must not be touched unless hes in danger of hurting himself like on a bit of furniture and can snap his back or neck.etc.

hes so wild...thrashing aorund..paddling his paws furiously..grinding his teeth..sometimes turning himself in half and biting his own back:cry: his head throws back and forth..his eyes roll back in his head....and i want to cry and scopp him up in my arms as its so awful to watch.

then after half an hour or so hes almsot back to normal even eats...and licks me or comes up to me as if to say..its ok mummy..i feel better now.

Must be really upsetting to watch- hopefully he is not aware when he is fitting so finds it less distressing than you do. I hope the vet will be able to offer some treatment once she has spoken to Richard Saunders xx

Thank you xx

our vet rang me this morning to tell me that berties EC tst came back...its negative.:shock:

so i told her about last nights fit and she says putting him on the meds for fits is the next step but shed rather give him a week or so to see if he has another one and to film it...

dont get me wrong..i like our vet..but this is the same sh*t i get from my neurologist whos discharged me from his care as i see the mental health team:shock:

i guess i need to do more research!!

mind you she is waiting for richard saunders to ring her back with his experience and advice.

You're vet probably wants to wait and see a video so she can work out what kind of seizure it is and whats best to help him :wave:

thank you..so does she!! she also has to ask about bluebell..shes still shedding coccicox after the 2 week long baycox and wait treatment.

yes im not aware of the fits when i have them..i am sometimes beforehand..i get like these weird jerking body blackouts..my brain shuts off for a few seconds..but body carries on moving!! i feel awful after though..sick..headache..painful muscles all over..biten cheeks tongue lips...blood on pillows etc if in my sleep. but nikki always talks to me telling me what happened..where i am etc until my brain understands and i can talk and move..thats the time frame when bertie does the weird licking thing.

Back