• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shauny's just been to the vets

Woke up this morning, and the fur around his eye was wet:cry:. He was fine in himself (eating ect). But i go from 0-10000 when it comes to the buns:oops:.

Had to go to work for a 12 hr shift:evil:. Anyway after much arranging my o/h could get back home for 4, and i could take my lunch break at 4. So had to dash back home to give the car to rich (he cant use his work van for anything other than work). Get Shauny and SophieAnnie into the carry case and then drive to my work to drop me back off and then rich went straight to the vets. Where Shauny had to have his tear duct flushed and is now on 7 days of antibiotic eye gel (bless my little man:love:).

I guess the reason ive posted this first and foremost is for eye vibes for my Shauny (and for us trying to get the gel in:shock::lol:).

But also ive had one person say to me (quite flippantly really) ''well that could have waited until tomorrow'' (sat) are they right, did i completely overreact:?

Of course you didn't overreact! Why would you leave a bunny in discomfort when you could do something to help? I'm sure the majority of folks on here would have done just the same.

Hope his eye gets better quickly, and good luck with the drops x

Of course you didn't overreact! Why would you leave a bunny in discomfort when you could do something to help? I'm sure the majority of folks on here would have done just the same.

Hope his eye gets better quickly, and good luck with the drops x

Yeah!! What she said!! He may have worked at it with his paw and made it worse. You did the right thing!

I've learnt you NEVER wait, it may not seem like anything serious but it's better than taking a risk. My bun Bugs seemed 'slightly off' took him to the vets, a few minutes after returning from the vets he died. It's never worth taking a risk, the slightest sign of illness, take them to a vet!!!

You did the right thing and I'm glad it's nothing more serious. Good luck with the eye gel :lol:

:wave: Thankyou guys, i have always followed my gut and heart when it comes to the kids and will always continue to. Just completely threw me when they said that (i felt a bit belittled if im honest).

Shauny is getting a good grooming from his lovely wife bun SophieAnnie (hes in bliss). Im about to go up and tell him about the eye drops, this isnt going to be good:shock:

Back