• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit playpen living?

zayna1

Warren Scout
Hi. I am struggling to find an easy indoor solution for housing 2 rabbits! I really don't like the nic cube condo things, and my hutch which was built outdoors is a complete pain to clean out, not to mention the fact it stink so bad, no matter how many times I disinfect/wash it! I really want something with a removable plastic bottom, which is easy to clean/wash with decent edges so they don't kick things out! A cage is out of the question, I just can't find one big enough for my budget! What has worked for me best so far is a playpen. Mine has 8 panels, around 2ft wide each, and it can be made into any shape http://www.therabbithouse.com/indoor/rabbit-pens.asp?cage=42 I think it's that one or very similar, but I dont have the net on top lol :oops: I saw on this website (so annoyed that I can't find it anymore!!) there was this setup with the playpen set in one of those plastic childrens paddling pools in a rounded shape. Has anyone seen what i'm talking about? It was this person talking about an x pen thing, and they were saying how they'd put baby buns in there in the living room lol. argh! I may sound mad but i'm really annoyed!! Do you think I could put this playpen into the little pool thing so I can clean it easily???

Are your rabbits litter trained? My rabbits live in a kennel outdoors which has a wooden base and they don't urinate on it all as they go in their trays which are plastic under bed storage boxes.

could you not just set the pen up on lino? ours have a playpen on a fleece but they're pretty good with their litter tray.

Back