• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGESSSSS! :D :D how is this cage for 2 buns? :D

zayna1

Warren Scout
Will this cage be ok for 2 rabbits? Or can you recommend any that are? Btw it will be an adult lionhead and an adult mini lop. (this is for my buns in a couple of months btw)

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/hutches_cages/rabbit_cage/120_cm_cages/83034#more

It seems good for the price, and I'm looking for the largest possible for the cheapest possible. I have tried playpens, cubes etc for indoors, however I really want a plastic easy to clean base :oops: to keep mess to a minimum, because with playpens/whatever they always find SOMETHING to kick out and make a mess of! Whether it be food, litter, hay, veg etc. If there's something in their way when they dont want it to be it is kicked out! :censored: So yeah lol I want an indoor cage for as cheap as poss. I can't find any second hand ones in my area at all.

Also, my dad is really against having an indoor cage, he just doesn't want to 'waste' the money as they won't be permanantly inside buns (they'll probably be in there for a couple of months, then it won't be used. Hopefully by next year they will be in a special garden setup (when my dad has finished completely re-doing the entire darn house! :censored: ) So yeah the rabbits home comes then lol. But do you think I could just sell it on after i'm done with it, so it wouldn't be as much of a waste? My dad says no one will buy it and quite frankly i think he's being kind of unreasonable, because my plans were ruined (converting brick shed) when he decided he's going to knock it down! :roll::lol: Thanks!

That's a nice size for a base to be kept open 24/7 whilst they free range in a whole room. However, it appears to have a tiny door which I think rabbits would struggle to get in and out of.

Last edited:
If I've converted correctly (?) that's only 43"L x 23"W x 18.5"H which seems way too small. Hope someone can come along to give you more advice.

:wave: Would that be a 'base' while they are free range? Or will they be shut in there? If they are going to be shut in at all then it is far too small I'm afraid.

I agree the one above is too small.

A good way to get maximum space for minimum price is to use a dog crate and/or a pen.

If space is a problem you can use the pen to extend the crate while you're not in the house then fold it away when you're home so you get your room back :) Here's some links:

Dog crate

Pen

understood :) no cage, i guess they'll be in the playpen until they have a proper thing sorted out.

Thanks everyone! :D This forum is brilliant, I can imagine myself just buying something and regretting it with sad bunnies, but with so many experienced bunny owners on here I hope that wont happen! :D:wave:

I got my bunnies before I found the forum and I must have wasted hundreds of pounds on unsuitable cages :( :( I didn't realise how many options there were other than buying too-small petshop cages.

NB I only just read the second bit of your first post, I didn't see the bit about wanting a plastic base before so my suggestion wasn't very helpful - sorry about that! I need to read things properly!

Back