• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gales...bringing buns in for the night!!!

Live in the North of England and we are suffering from really strong gales!!! Came home to find the garden much bigger than usual as the fences have fallen down! I've made the decision to bring Dave and Kym in from their hutch outside!! Do you think I have made the right decision? They have been out all winter...survived the snow and really low temperatures but it just doesn;t feel that safe out in the garden! I know my other half will think I'm mad but I just want them to be safe. Have turned the heating off so that they don;t overheat and set up their run in the kitchen! My intention is that they are only there tonight! What do you reckon? Am i too soft?!!!! :wave:

i have also brought some of mine in, i brought squishy and charlie in last night as i was scared their hutch would blow over, its just sat in the middle of the garden at the moment and is a 5ft double, and the roof opens and doesnt have a clip (yet) or an attached run, all my others have attached runs which make them less likely to blow over

went out tonight to grab them again and give magic her medicine, only to find the roof of magic & destinys run blown up and collapsed into itself and firmly stuck in the run, so they have had to come in for the night, they are in the kitchen, which is un heated atm

just make sure you put them in a cool room so they dont over heat

Live in the North of England and we are suffering from really strong gales!!! Came home to find the garden much bigger than usual as the fences have fallen down! I've made the decision to bring Dave and Kym in from their hutch outside!! Do you think I have made the right decision? They have been out all winter...survived the snow and really low temperatures but it just doesn;t feel that safe out in the garden! I know my other half will think I'm mad but I just want them to be safe. Have turned the heating off so that they don;t overheat and set up their run in the kitchen! My intention is that they are only there tonight! What do you reckon? Am i too soft?!!!! :wave:

No I don't think your too soft, if they are more vulnerable and your less likely to hear any intruders etc because of the wind it's probably quite sensible, if they were really secure outside and had a good hutch cover/foxproofing I am sure they'd have been OK but, at least you can sleep better knowing they are safe and then resecure the garden tomorrow.:wave:

Back