• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Using hay and newspaper without megazorb?

weeble

I have never done it but megazorb seems to get more expensive every time I buy it and I have loads and loads of newspaper. Does anyone else do this? How do you find it? The piggies have this and seem to be fine

I cant use newspaper again now, Biscuit just pulls it all up :lol:

I find it gets wet too quickly, then soggy bunny feets ensue.

I cant use newspaper again now, Biscuit just pulls it all up :lol:

I find it gets wet too quickly, then soggy bunny feets ensue.

Yes I was wondering if that might be the case :? I know I could just try and see but it sounds like more work and mess

Yes I was wondering if that might be the case :? I know I could just try and see but it sounds like more work and mess

Mainly i used to leave newspaper underneath as when it comes to emptying, you can just pull the corners up and away you go.

Not sure if i'd bother with it in all honesty Kath.

Cheapest place for megazorb is direct from Farmway now, i just got my latest bag :wave:

I do this and tbh don't have any trouble at all & Oggies feet are nearly white!

I put newspaper in the litter tray and on the base of the cage (his aim sometimes isn't great :oops:), then top it up with hay (good couple of handfuls).

I wouldn't have it any other way now. Keeps the costs down and much easier to clean the hutch and keep the house clean.

I use this with those I think will eat the litter. Its fine. I just an absolutely huge amount of hay. I have a trio who share newspaper and hay litter trays and do grand.

Spenser and I do fine with just newspaper and hay. :wave: I use quite a thick layer of newspaper, and sometimes mix his supermarket meadow hay with straw as it has good insulating properties.

I use newspaper and hay in my litter trays and havent had any problems :wave:
They do need changing regularly but all litter trays do ;)

I complained about the hole in the bag of megazorb i just purchased at 8.99 and the manager said next time i can have discount!!

Mainly i used to leave newspaper underneath as when it comes to emptying, you can just pull the corners up and away you go.

Not sure if i'd bother with it in all honesty Kath.

Cheapest place for megazorb is direct from Farmway now, i just got my latest bag :wave:

I pay $7.20 from the place I get my hay but its gone up to that from $6 a year ago

I pay $7.20 from the place I get my hay but its gone up to that from $6 a year ago

I assume you mean £7.20 :wave:

I have to pay delivery from them, as my local place is the same as Amy104's and its a good 50 minute drive away. I work from home, os i guess im fortunate and can have things delivered :wave:

I just use newspaper, it's fine. Put a good thick layer, and plenty of hay on top. I find it just as absorbent as megazorb (which I used to use when I had no source of newspapers)

I assume you mean £7.20 :wave:

I have to pay delivery from them, as my local place is the same as Amy104's and its a good 50 minute drive away. I work from home, os i guess im fortunate and can have things delivered :wave:

:lol::lol: Yes our work computers are American and we dont have a pound sign. Im home now def £7.20

Back