• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Piggy Freecycle hutch

chul

Staff member
2011-02-03081414.jpg

Got this off some lovely people off Freecycle! It's 4' wide and perfect for the piggies when they move outdoors!

It's in good condition, but I am going to give it a thorough clean out, add lino, fix a few small gaps, paint it, and it will be a palace for my two kings!

ETA: Please excuse my shabby garden :oops:

Photos are misleading arent' they?

That doesn't look nowhere near 4ft wide :shock:

(not doubting you Chul, just saying, photos are so misleading.)

:wave:

It is pretty big! We struggled to get it into FIL's estate car, and had to take the wood off the bottom (thats on the roof in the photo) to get it out of our patio doors!

ETA: It is 4'! I know no one has turned nasty yet but please dont! We know because we had to measure it to try and get it through the doors!

Great Chul :D

Freecycle sounds pretty good :wave:

I've never got anything off it before, but the people were so helpful and wanted nothing in return! He even offered to deliver once we thought it might not fit in the car!

They said they were going to buy another in the summer when they got a new rabbit. I held my tongue.

It's always great to "freecycle" something :)

I would give it a steam clean if it's been used before as GP's are vulnerable to Pasturella Bortadella (sp) which rabbits can carry.

As they don't need so much height as rabbits making another safe layer/self would be a great idea.

I've never got anything off it before, but the people were so helpful and wanted nothing in return! He even offered to deliver once we thought it might not fit in the car!

They said they were going to buy another in the summer when they got a new rabbit. I held my tongue.

They sound like nice people, why not email them a thank you and refer them to Rabbit Rehome and the Forum for when they get their new (hopefully rescue) bunnieS ;)

It's always great to "freecycle" something :)

I would give it a steam clean if it's been used before as GP's are vulnerable to Pasturella Bortadella (sp) which rabbits can carry.

As they don't need so much height as rabbits making another safe layer/self would be a great idea.

Yes, I plan to clean with white vinegar and then cage spay all over it!

I don't know their email address :oops:

ETA: None of my pets have been outdoors before, what paint is safe to use on it?

Yes, I plan to clean with white vinegar and then cage spay all over it!

I don't know their email address :oops:

ETA: None of my pets have been outdoors before, what paint is safe to use on it?

Freecycle is all done by email isn't it?

Not too sure about the paints, do you mean a preservative for the outside? If so I think P@H do one and other people on here seem to use Garden Shades.

Freecycle is all done by email isn't it?

Not too sure about the paints, do you mean a preservative for the outside? If so I think P@H do one and other people on here seem to use Garden Shades.

Someone replied to my wanted post, but I don't know if it was them as it was 3rd person :shock:

The good thing about you taking this for your guineas, is that no else took it and put a rabbit in it. Its a win win situation.

Back