• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone else have their bunny/ bunnies in their bedroom

Barn Yard Bunnies

Staff member
I know alot of my friends think I am a bit mad. I had Nancy and Sunshine in our bedroom from October 21 2009. When we moved I still had them in the new bedroom, even though it was smaller. Had them in my sons room, he is now at uni, for about 2 or 3 months. Now Nancy has gone, have Sunshine back in with us. He seems to prefer it too. I just loved to watch them all the time. Sunshine loves to sit on a suitcase under the bed. His comfort zone. He has a hutch in here too.

I had Rodge in my room for a month but after a month of no sleep, he was put outside!:lol: I presume you have a very quiet bunny?

Actually Nancy snored very badly. A result of having her ear removed after a fox tore it off, thankfully could not get her and the ear canal closed. It wasn't a problem in the bigger bedroom, but I had Nancy snoring in one ear and my partner in the other ear. Sunshine is fairly quiet, probably as he is an old man now.

Ive seen a few people on here who have bunnies in their bedrooms :wave:

I had George in my room for 1 night and that was enough! He didnt stop making a noise :lol:

Daniel lived in my room & he was perfect. Such a well behaved little boy. My girls now I cant even stand to be indoors, they are both absolute nightmares are prefer it outside, which suits me down to the ground cos there aint no chance they are living in! Dylan gets lonely so I brought her to live indoors, she just got depressed & ate a sofa :roll:

Bunsk is in our room! At night he either gets in bed with us, sits on my bedside cabinet, sits on the window ledge... or keeps me awake all night! :lol:

I have chinchillas too. My god they make soooooooooooo much noise. We only had them in the bedroom for the first night after that they are in the living room. Its bang bang bang all night long with chinchillas as they bounce around their huge cage. They are nocturnal.

Yep...my two Nethies,Lily and BB are in the spare bedroom.But the door is open so access any time!!
When bonding they were with me but it was hell, I was so anxious.

I have chinchillas too. My god they make soooooooooooo much noise. We only had them in the bedroom for the first night after that they are in the living room. Its bang bang bang all night long with chinchillas as they bounce around their huge cage. They are nocturnal.

We moved our chinchilla into the spare room last night, then got up and took him back down in the night

B&G have the whole house now, so kind of :lol:

When they were bonding, they were in my office, so its kind of a bedroom, as i slept in here for 3 or 4 nights :wave:

We moved our chinchilla into the spare room last night, then got up and took him back down in the night

I guess he was really noisy too. Its amazing how something so small can make such a racket. But they are adorable too. I love they way they watch you all evening.

I guess he was really noisy too. Its amazing how something so small can make such a racket. But they are adorable too. I love they way they watch you all evening.

Yup, all we could hear was bang bang bang. The hamsters in the other room are bad enough but he was silly :lol:

Daniel lived in my room & he was perfect. Such a well behaved little boy. My girls now I cant even stand to be indoors, they are both absolute nightmares are prefer it outside, which suits me down to the ground cos there aint no chance they are living in! Dylan gets lonely so I brought her to live indoors, she just got depressed & ate a sofa :roll:

Oh no eating a sofa. Guess I have been lucky. My bunnies never chewed furniture. A few duvets covers have been ruined though. Plenty of t-shirt completely nibbled.

I had scarlett and bejimen in my room for 2 nights and my God..I was up early hours of the morning because scarlett kept trying to dig up the lino we had down :roll: what I did discover is that they are noisy eaters/drinkers!! :lol: I must admit I enjoyed them being with me but I don't think it could be a permanent thing , they live in the conservatory now and are quite happy there because they can move around a lot more freely:)

Mine are in my room, free range with a base. Some nights they are perfect little angels and sleep in their cozy house all through the night. Others (AKA last night :roll:) they are little nutters running and binkying and jumping all over my bed.
But I could never close them in, seeing how active they are at night. I wouldn't feel right. The sacrifices we make, eh?:lol:

I used to have Molly in my room at uni. :) It was great.
I wouldn't have Faline in there! They're in the room next door and she keeps me awake. Boys are defo better. :lol:

Mine are in my room, free range with a base. Some nights they are perfect little angels and sleep in their cozy house all through the night. Others (AKA last night :roll:) they are little nutters running and binkying and jumping all over my bed.
But I could never close them in, seeing how active they are at night. I wouldn't feel right. The sacrifices we make, eh?:lol:

Thats great. I have an 1920's bed so a bit too high for a bunny to jump onto. But loads of space underneath. Oh yeah forgot, the curtains are wreaked at the bottom. Completely bunny chewed.
What is it with material and chewing my chinnies are exactly the same. :lol: I do put Sunshine back in his hutch before bed, only cause the new place has eletric heaters on the walls and the wires are already in place and really hard to cover. I saw one of those cozy houses yesterday and definately going to get one.

Back