• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advise please.

Poppy <3

Alpha Buck
As many of you know, my two babies passed a few weeks ago due to mixi :cry:, but we were wondering, even if we completely dienfect and scrub the hutch, re paint etc would it be safe to use.. ? TBH i dont know wether i want to risk it catching onto my new ones so may just get my step dad to make another one lol.. mmm ? such a vicious disease :evil::evil::evil:

As many of you know, my two babies passed a few weeks ago due to mixi :cry:, but we were wondering, even if we completely dienfect and scrub the hutch, re paint etc would it be safe to use.. ? TBH i dont know wether i want to risk it catching onto my new ones so may just get my step dad to make another one lol.. mmm ? such a vicious disease :evil::evil::evil:

If it was me I would probably burn the hutch and get a new one :oops:
I think the Myxi bug can stay dormant for 6 months :shock:

My friend gave me a hutch that mixi rabbit died in. She used a really strong disinfectant which definetely cleaned off the mixi (as none of mine have got it) but it seemed too strong for rabbits so I never used the hutch.

I'd advise waiting 6 months, disinfecting it with pet-safe disinfectant every month and cleaning it.

Were your rabbits vaccinated? Will your new rabbits be vaccinated?

Thank-you both for your replies, yes bexpets they were vacinated, and obviously my new ones will be.

We have decided next month to build a new hutch and burn the old one, thanks, very much x

Back