• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I am so stupid

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
I was making cheese on toast quite happily, singing to the radio when I just burst into tears because I miss Elwood so much :? :cry:

how random is that? I have been having a pretty good day today getting stuff done and it just hit me out of the blue. Its so stupid as he has been dead since July, yet I have had tears rolling down my face for the past hour.

Can't believe how much i miss him. Since loosing him the sanctuary has never felt the same. However bad things got I would always have Elwood to cuddle and give me tonguey kisses :oops: :love: Without him it has been so hard to cope with all the other poorly buns :( Loosing Eddie 3 weeks later was another huge blow and Steve says thats what changed things for him, he misses Eddie much more :(

Isn't it crazy how much these little creatures affect our lives
P6060286.jpg

:( He wouldn't want you to be so sad though, just happy when you remember how much love you gave him when it mattered most. I'm sure he's watching over you and saying 'oh mummeh stop being silly and eat your cheese on toast' (hugs) they are little with big spirits x

:( He wouldn't want you to be so sad though, just happy when you remember how much love you gave him when it mattered most. I'm sure he's watching over you and saying 'oh mummeh stop being silly and eat your cheese on toast' (hugs)

I know he wouldn't but he was my baby :( And he would have been saying don't eat the cheese on toast give it to me :lol: Instead dave and Daisy got the crusts :)

I know he wouldn't but he was my baby :( And he would have been saying don't eat the cheese on toast give it to me :lol: Instead dave and Daisy got the crusts :)

:lol::lol: See that's better! Remember all his little quirky things and smile because really they don't ever leave you. They leave a little footprint in your heart and mind with their name on and you keep them alive in those memories but, be happy not sad that you got to experience all the love and high's and inevitable lows with a unique little fella who was yours x

(((Hugs))) You're not being silly at all, he was a part of the family, so of course you are going to miss him and of course things aren't the same, and July isn't all that long ago either so you're bound to still get upset like that from time to time. x

You may find this happen more now because you are reducing numbers and actually have time to grieve, you were so busy before that you have not been fully able to take it in.
I sometimes really struggle to think of animals we've lost or I end up in tears, I can barely talk about Samson without feeling weepy.
We are lucky to feel like this though, it shows we still can feel after losing so many and that we had the luck to know them in the first place

Awww hun its ok, they were both incredibly special. I only got to meet them once or twice but I cry too thinking about them.

Let yourself cry, let yourself grieve. Let it inspire you when you feel down or tired that they both had incredible lives despite all their problems and they brought you so much joy.

I lost my Sookie in July also, im still grieving & dont have a clue when Ill part with her ashes.

Heres hoping Elwood & Sookie have met in bunny heaven & getting on great! :love:

You may find this happen more now because you are reducing numbers and actually have time to grieve, you were so busy before that you have not been fully able to take it in.
I sometimes really struggle to think of animals we've lost or I end up in tears, I can barely talk about Samson without feeling weepy.
We are lucky to feel like this though, it shows we still can feel after losing so many and that we had the luck to know them in the first place

This is it completely. We decided a while ago to stop taking in buns for awhile and because we then didn't have new challenges to keep us busy it suddenly all caught up with us and this is why we can't do it any more, too much time to think but to drained to continue :(

Besides the fact that Elwood was so special I think I feel very cheated by the way he went. It was so unfair that it happened to him and there was nothing we could do. I never even got to say goodbye and the last time i saw him he was still munching happily on a crunchie. I am incredibly grateful that he didn't have time to suffer but at the same time it makes it harder to accept he had to go :?

Awww hun its ok, they were both incredibly special. I only got to meet them once or twice but I cry too thinking about them.

Let yourself cry, let yourself grieve. Let it inspire you when you feel down or tired that they both had incredible lives despite all their problems and they brought you so much joy.

That is so sweet, thank you :love: I actually wasn't too bad when Eddie went as we knew it had been on the cards for awhile and it meant that he was back with Elwood which was incredibly important to me.

Besides the fact that Elwood was so special I think I feel very cheated by the way he went. It was so unfair that it happened to him and there was nothing we could do. I never even got to say goodbye and the last time i saw him he was still munching happily on a crunchie. I am incredibly grateful that he didn't have time to suffer but at the same time it makes it harder to accept he had to go :?

I can fully relate to that, my grandad died of a heart attack and although I was greatful he didn't suffer for long, I never got to say goodbye.
My dad died of a brain tumour and it was nice for us to have time to say goodbye but very hard on him in the end, to the point I wished we were allowed to euthanase humans.:cry:

Your not stupid!!
Every time i walk past rosie&daisys hutch i get a tear in my eye, its just natural...
He was part of your life and family so obvously hes going to be dearly missed,
Take care xxx

That is so sweet, thank you :love: I actually wasn't too bad when Eddie went as we knew it had been on the cards for awhile and it meant that he was back with Elwood which was incredibly important to me.

I know its so horrible when its sudden and unexpected. But I think I'd like to go fast and without knowing, especially if I was eating a crunchie at the time!

aaah bless you - Im crying now too and I never even met them!:cry:
Its ok to grieve.....and good to be able to let it out......Im so sorry you have lost them.....may those wonderful memories be what you remember.....big hugs!

The other bunnies are probably wondering what the hells just happened! You all happy and they got treats coming and then suddenly you all sad and the treats are soggy and tearly salty!Hope this little thought made you smile just a little....and huge hugs...youre guys are both so amazing and strong....xxxxx:)

Grief is hard and goes away when its ready too.

I lost my Hopper in June and spent New years eve/Day in floods of tears. I am looking foward to the day when I can remember him and smile.

Sending you lots of hugs.

aaah bless you - Im crying now too and I never even met them!:cry:
Its ok to grieve.....and good to be able to let it out......Im so sorry you have lost them.....may those wonderful memories be what you remember.....big hugs!

The other bunnies are probably wondering what the hells just happened! You all happy and they got treats coming and then suddenly you all sad and the treats are soggy and tearly salty!Hope this little thought made you smile just a little....and huge hugs...youre guys are both so amazing and strong....xxxxx:)

:) that did make me smile!

I've put a coldplay Cd on now, so that will make me have a real good cry and get it out of my system!

Back