• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

THE sample hays

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
which ones did your buns like the best :wave:

Also like with veg should I only give one a week to make sure they dont get a gippy tummy?

Do you mean from the Hay Experts?

They can have veg everyday just small amounts and introduce any new veg little at a time. Green leafy veg such as spring greens are good but be careful with kale as it is high in calcium. Apple and carrot shouldnt be given very often as they are high in natural sugar

From the hay experts mine liked the oat/wheat/barley hay and the meadow hay best :wave: I asked these exact same questions last week! :)

Everything fed to rabbits should be introduced slowly. The same with letting rabbits out on to grass in the spring once the weather improves it should be done slowly so that it does not affect their gut.

RM - my two are having some oat/wheat/barley atm :wave:

Everything fed to rabbits should be introduced slowly. The same with letting rabbits out on to grass in the spring once the weather improves it should be done slowly so that it does not affect their gut.

thankyou :wave:

RM - my two are having some oat/wheat/barley atm :wave:

thankyou :wave:

aaah I just got a bag too- its seems quite small for the amount I had to pay....:(...but is ever so green! Wonderful! My 3 have had a small handful each.....and I will be giving them this maybe twice a week as I cant afford for them to scoff it all in one day & wee all over it! I think its quite rich compared to meadow hay...when I got the oat hay they loved it but also got runny ums so only gave it as an extra now & then...meadow hays are fine though!:wave:

Back