• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can anobody recommend a good grooming brush?

Spotty Bun

Warren Scout
:wave: Just wondered if anyone can recommend a decent brush for grooming rabbits?

Milly has a very fluffy winter coat at the moment (which I must admit is very cute!), although she's short haired. I brush her gently every couple of days with a baby brush (very soft bristles), I also have a baby comb that came with the brush although she's not too keen on this, it must pull at her fur maybe. But I can brush her for ages and she's quite happy with the attention. :love: Well that is unless i try to get to her legs or belly, then she runs away!

Just wondered if anyone could recommend a good brush that would help with the upcoming moult season, as I don't think the brush I have at the moment will get out much fur. I'm also worried that with her being white especially, loose fur under her paws and around her legs may get dirty and she may struggle to get it out herself, especially if she's not too keen on me helping her on these parts? Maybe I'm being over cautious but any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

thank you!

my bunnies dont like me taking out the loose bits either. So I have used a soft flexible mens comb and they didn't mind that. That way its not hard, even my cat did not mind it either.

I've got this one and it's been absolutely fine to use,

https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/Health+%252526+Hygiene.12/Mini+Gentle+Slicker+Brush.354.html?osCsid=jksad8veuc228fk419csqt0km6

I also bought just a cheap plastic men's comb as well to help ease out any tangles and then finish off with the slicker brush.

thank you for your replies! :D i never thought of a flexible comb, its a great idea, will have a look for one next time i'm in town. the slicker brush looks good too, might treat her to one if it helps with the tangles!

I just dampen my hands and give em a good stroke and I pull some that is ready to come out. Mine don't like brushes - esp Lola.

what you need is a cat slicker brush it will the only brush you will ever require and a double sided comb with wide tooth and fine tooth thats all you need ;)

I find a comb best to be honest. I've never found a brush I like, apart from maybe a slicker but even that doesn't seem to get through the fur properly.

Back