• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies coming home from bonding today - v. excited!!

KatS

New Kit
:DNB: Had originally posted in general chat - sorry!!

Hi all,

Our two buns have been to boarders to be bonded... they have been there for a week and we are relieved to say (after a difficult time trying to do it at home!!) that they seem to be getting on ok!

We have missed them very much and we are excited to get them back as a newly bonded couple!!

However, I am a little anxious as I aware that this is a delicate time for the bond! In preparation we have prepared the spare bedroom to be their space for the first couple of days.

This area has not been used by the female rabbit (v. territorial) and has only been used a couple of times by the boy rabbit. Regardless we have white vinegared all of the furniture, and have put bicarbonate of soda on the carpet - left and will hoover off this evening before they come back.

We have cleaned the base of one of their previous cages with vinegar. Am yet to do all of the toys and things... although I am thinking of just getting some brand new ones because the others are getting a bit wrecked now!

Anyway, is there anything else that you clever people think we should do to make it as painless as possible??

We are planning to keep them in their until they have had 48 hours with no scuffles and then extend their area to the hallway (having neutralised) and hen eventually back into the living room (which is the most difficult area as it was traditionally all of her space....

Please let me know your thoughts.... oh and wish us luck! haha

Good luck! Hope it goes ok today :wave: I'm going to be bonding my two soon so I'm sure I'll be on here soon looking for some advice

sounds like you are doing great! All those things sound perfect.

One thing I've found is that IF there is one ery territorial bun, he or she will make an excuse out of any scent that is left on a toy or on the floor to mess around a bit. My boy Ralph always tries to find something to usurp the dynamic, so I have to be extra-vigilant when I have bonded him in the past!

Bet you're excited about them coming home!

Back